1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

DB Brasserie opens

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by MisplacedTexan, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    EATER VEGAS reports that Daniel Boulud's new place in the Venetian, DB Brasserie has opened. Woot!

Somebody's who is on the ground now should go try it out and report back! A quick check of OpenTable shows lots of openings. And here's a link to THE MENU in case anybody's interested.

2. Trev

Trev Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to be at Venetian over the next fews days. Will try and check this out -- menu looks good.

3. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the heads up. The web site says it's open daily 5pm-11pm. Interestingly, it's possibly to reserve a table for lunch as well. I called the restaurant and was told that they aren't open for lunch -- yet -- but that they plan to open for lunch (11am-3:30pm) around May 13.

4. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The restaurant was excellent when it was open at the Wynn, very nice to see it return. I heard Daniel B had a feud with Steve Wynn, which is not hard to believe.

5. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's hard to believe V/P has a better restaurant lineup than Wynncore, but it's happened.

6. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup--I don't mean to hijack this thread, but SW has really dumbed down his restaurants. I would argue he's behind Aria, Bellagio, V/P, Caesars, and MGM now in both variety and overall quality.

7. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Variety yes, but quality? Hell no.

Back to the thread, I'm glad the restaurant reopened. I was disappointed that it was replaced with essentially an inferior SW Steakhouse clone.

8. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There could be an argument for the quality as well. i am not sure Wynn has the top restaurant in any category anymore. The exception maybe Bartolotta. I love the room ans view at SW but I've had better steakhouse meals at Ramsay, Heritage and Prime. Sinatra is great but there is better Italian, don't even get me started on the dumbing down of Botero and Andrea's. Still love Tableau and Country Club though.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.