1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Technical issue

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by luci5, Apr 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luci5

luci5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I couldn't see a thread for technical issues with the forums so posting here. Is there a board issues thread?

Every couple of days I can be browsing here quite happily then when I click to open a thread I get this message

I used Chrome to access this site and VMB is the only site this happens with. At the bottom left it always shows "Resolving host" rather than the url of the thread I am trying to access.

Any ideas?

2. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can always ask Sonya in Adm Announcements. It's the top forum.

Bill

3. luci5

luci5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the suggestion as I had no idea where to put it. I thought Admin Announcements was just for Admin to use.

4. luci5

luci5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have just tried to start a new topic in that forum, but I don't have permission, possibly because I haven't made enough posts

Can some kind person who can post there start a topic for Sonya's attention with a link to this thread?

TIA

5. nickle

nickle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May just be your computer. I have had the same message a few times. The solution for me was to close and re-open Chrome.

6. luci5

luci5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I'm glad it isn't just me, but it is only this forum that is happens on and not any others.

I have been rebooting Chrome to get past it, but just wondered if anyone else was experiencing the same thing.

7. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll notify Sonya but anyone should be able to send her a PM or email from her profile and I think it's also at the bottom of the page?

8. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can always contact me using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the board.

This is not an issue I'm hearing from other people and isn't one I've experienced myself. There is some work going on behind the curtain and we plan for some changes around here, but I'm not sure that would cause your problem.

Often many of these issues seem to be cookie based, so you might try finding the cookie for vegasmessageboard and deleting it, going back to https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/ to login.

If it persists, please let me know.

9. luci5

luci5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reply Sonja. I have just checked and have found how to clear cookies / cache in Chrome.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.