1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Room(s) for 4 persons in north strip area

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by wallaby8600, Apr 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wallaby8600

wallaby8600 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My family is planning a visit in late June/early July and we are trying to book a hotel now. We are family of four (all adults) so I think we are fine with either 2 rooms with 2 persons each or just one room with 4 persons. Our options include (but not limited to) Trump, Venetian/palazzo, Wynn/encore, Caesar. If we take the cheapest room at palazzo(which I believe it's all suite?) will it fit 4 people comfortably? Will the hotel allow us to do so? I appreciate all the suggestions.

2. rob889

rob889 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Venetian/Palazzo rooms are quite large so you shouldn't feel cramped in there with 4 people

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as the hotel goes they will allow it: the occupancy for most rooms is going to be a max of 4 adults.

However, the rates you get for a hotel room are based on double occupancy: so if you check room rates and see a room at Palazzo for $129/nt that is based on 1 or 2 people being in the room. If you have more than 2 people in the room the hotel will charge you extra for the extra people, usually in the area of $30-40 per extra person per night.

So what that will mean in the end is:
    a) You let the hotel know that there will be 4 people in the room and end up paying probably $80 per night extra for the room
    b) You sneak the other 2 people in to the room

If you are going to let the hotel know about the 2 extra people then you might as well just get a second room: if the rate was $129/nt for a room and you are paying $80 extra per night for 2 more adults in the first room then you are only saving $50 off the cost of the second room. For that $50 extra you would get things like:
    - Privacy. For things like getting dressed/changed all the way up to intimacy with your partner.
    - An extra bathroom. That lets you have as much shower/bathroom time as you want.
    - Ability to come and go whenever you want without having to worry about waking the other party up. Not everybody sleeps on the same schedule or on vacation may not want to go back to the room at a certain time
    - Space, place to sit down. Most rooms only have one or two chairs or a small sofa. With 4 people in a room you'll end up where 2-3 people are always going to have to be sitting on the bed
    - TV. What do you watch when sitting in the room
    - Your own schedule. For things like if its 1AM and you are back up in the room and you want to sit there and munch on some snacks while you have a last drink or two of the night and watch sports highlights you don't have to worry about things like if the other party wants to go to bed now and your having the TV and lights on is keeping them up.

But overall it does really depend on the group: when its something like 4 college buddies sharing a room and taking a break from studies for a weekend of fun in Vegas thats different than if its couples or family mostly in their 30s and 40s... where the older the people get the more likely the sharing of a room is going to be a bad experience

4. wallaby8600

wallaby8600 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am very inexperienced but how hard it is to sneak 2 more people in without letting the hotel knows. Do people normally get caught? Do they check the number of key cards when entering the guest area?

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If there are 4 of you then when you check in you just have 2 of you go up to the front desk and check in, just have the other 2 stay back and watch the luggage.

If you are couples then you should send the two men up: first, this will pretty much ensure you get two beds plus only the people whose name is on the room can do anything at the front desk, like if you lose a key and need to be let in the room or a replacement (IE: if its husband/wife and husband/wife if the first couple is the only name on the room and the second couple loses their key(s) then they would have to find the first couple to get back in the room and most of the time couples will stay together)

You can ask for extra keys at check in or after you go up to the room just come down later and ask for a replacement key at the front desk, IE: the "I left my key in the room and locked myself out"

For things like getting in to the elevator or going to the pool usually only 1 key is necessary.

If maid service comes by when all 4 of you are in the room they don't care because they have no idea whats going on or what the set up is: if they come in and see 4 people in a room they don't know if all 4 of you are staying in the room or just 2 are in the room and the other 2 are visiting.

6. wallaby8600

wallaby8600 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see. Thank you so much. So do you recommend me to try Palazzo or other hotels?

7. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As rob889 said: they are good sized rooms at Venetian/Palazzo.

At a lot of places on The Strip the rooms would be a little small for 4 people - 2 beds, a table a couple of chairs and an armoire and there is almost no place for anybody to stand or move around.

After that at the nicer places you have to start looking to mini suites for more room, but then most of those seem to be only 1 bed... or you have to start looking at older places like Bally's - but if you start looking at places like Bally's then you might as well just get a second room because often the cost of the second room will be less than or only a tiny bit over the extra person charge for one room.

8. wallaby8600

wallaby8600 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome! Thank you!

9. azpokerkid

azpokerkid Tourist

Palazzo is big enough for four adults. I guess it depends on the budget and if everyone's ok with sharing a room. I've done two couples in a standard room and it was horrible. Next time we went I paid for a second room for them (told them it was comped).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.