1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Where to stay on a friday night before the rest of my trip? (mid August)

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by GilGunderson, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GilGunderson

GilGunderson Classy Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm heavily considering mid august for my 5th overall trip, first one in over 2 years. I've been toying with idea of 2 nights at the Golden nugget, then 2 at hard rock, then 3 at flamingo possibly. I don't mind changing hotels halfway or a couple days in, but i've never stayed at 3 different properties in a trip.

I would like to do GN fri sat, HR sun-mon, Flamingo tuesday-thursday, checkout friday. Not sure if this is a good idea. I also did not want to pay friday prices at the GN. It seems a bit excessive, but i do love the idea of being poolside and having a more low-key time downtown the first 2 days.

No hotels are booked yet, but airfare is pretty good compared to just about any other time this summer. Fire away. I'm open to lots of ideas. Also, if anyone wants to meet up, august 8th-15th is my probable week. Girlfriend is likely sitting this trip out due to work, and it's not easy coordinating with friends these days like it was in college a few years ago.

2. rob889

rob889 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're dead set on those 3 hotels I'd definitely check prices first and just see what works best to decrease your total cost and plan accordingly. Obviously your Friday and Saturday nights are going to be the most expensive so see which hotel has the best deal and go from there.

If I was in your shoes I'd prob want to have the low key pool time mid trip or in the end...either giving myself a little break at the halfway point or in the end which works out well especially if your bankroll is suffering. Also, if you end your trip like that you won't get home feeling like you need a vacation:bang:

3. GilGunderson

GilGunderson Classy Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is true about relaxing at the end, but when i've done that i feel like i missed out on things. Something in me wants to be where the action is until last minute. All 3 of these hotels have good pools, so it is always an option. The last one doesn't have to be flamingo, but from a price and value standpoint, it's the best in the middle of the strip for what i'm looking for. The Monte Carlo is also under consideration.

I'm pretty good about bankroll and budgeting. My last 2 trips, gambling was no higher than the 3rd greatest expense.

4. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could always play myvegas and see if any hotels have that friday or saturday that can be used as a weekend bonus and reg weekend (only way it would work for 1 person) or 2 weekend bonus. Not sure how busy that weekend is.

Anyways, we just did a 3 hotel stay. Not too much of a pita. Ya, i woulda rathered only 2 hotels but with what our plans were it worked out better this way. I did late check outs then early check in (within an hour or 2). If you can't get early check in just drop your stuff off at bell services.

Go with what works best for you at a price you can live with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.