1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Which buffet to spend my points on?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by thekillers, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thekillers

thekillers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if this is the correct section, but I am trying to decide on which buffet to check out with the MyVegas comp points I have. I've been to Cravings at the Mirage before, and since I am staying there I will probably use one of them there.
    But does anyone have any recommendations as to which one of the MyVegas Buffets would be worth spending points on? One thing, I'm not keen on seafood so crab isn't a big thing for me. I like anything asian, pizza, steak, chicken... the usual stuff. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Aria
    Vdara
    Bellagio
    NY, NY
    Mandalay Bay
    MGMGrand

2. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vdara has a buffet? Can't go wrong with B. Good selection and quality all around. Fairly close to Mirage.

3. lovetotravel

lovetotravel Low-Roller

Ate a 3:20pm lunch (dinner started at 3:30) at the Aria a few days ago. It was wonderful!!! Highly recommend it. No steak though.

4. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria has a very diverse buffet with stations from various cuisines around the world. If you like to sample various cuisines then Aria is a better choice. I liked it much better than Bellagio, which was okay, but not as good as Aria IMO.

5. OneManWolfPack

OneManWolfPack Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mirage was great...you'll enjoy it. As for others, can't recommend any over another.

6. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had Aria (lunch) and Mirage (dinner) in the last year and preferred Cravings at the Mirage. The unlimited beer and wine included is a nice perk.

7. NYPoker

NYPoker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mirage is well worth it.

8. Check-Raise

Check-Raise High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had the following buffets:

Wicked Spoon Breakfast (x2)
    Aria Lunch Buffet
    Bellagio Lunch Buffet (came in at like 2:45 for lunch, stayed through the dinner switch over)
    Planet Hollywood.. (crap.. I think it was the lunch buffet, might have been breakfast)

I liked Aria's selection but quality was average to low average. A couple items were really good though.

Bellagio didn't have as nice a selection but I enjoyed what I ate there a bit more, and honestly the selection was enough, I can only eat so much, I'd rather enjoy what I eat.

Wicked Spoon, though not a MGM buffet.. Hands down the best... It just is

Planet Hollywood, not MGM but I had always heard this one was top tier among buffets, I was disappointed. It was a strage place to eat, felt like you were in a basement, wait.. you are in a basement. The food was below average and the selection was.. standard. I wouldn't go here again.

On our next trip I plan to get us the Bellagio lunch buffet, MGM Champagne Brunch and Mirage buffet dinner. Normally we only eat 2 meals a day in vegas so with those and the Dining Credits I have at the two places we are staying, I don't think we'll be spending much money on food. Other than the $250 meal we'll have at Sage, but that's worth every freaking penny.

9. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio is the best of the MGM buffets, that's why it costs the most LPs.

Aria is super overrated, IMO. I've eaten there several times for various reasons even though I don't really like it. They have a bunch of weird foreign food that I have no interest in trying. I always struggle to find enough stuff to actually fill up my plate at Aria.

Mirage is decent, but not spectacular. I feel like their food is really spaced out and there isn't a very large selection.

MGM Grand is "meh" for dinner. Good selection but the food is just average. However, for breakfast it is my favorite buffet.

Mandalay Bay is another "meh" buffet. Nothing special.

And I wouldn't eat at Luxor/Excalibur's buffets unless I had a death wish.

10. thekillers

thekillers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "And I wouldn't eat at Luxor/Excalibur's buffets unless I had a death wish."
    100 points for this line, cracked me up!

11. lasvegaslisa

lasvegaslisa Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten at the following buffets using myVegas rewards:

Bellagio lunch
    Aria lunch
    Mirage dinner
    Luxor dinner

Funny enough that's how I would rank them also, except I wouldn't even rank Luxor :vomit:

I'm going to be trying the Bellagio dinner in July, I really enjoyed the lunch buffet. I would almost rank Bellagio and Aria similar, as Aria had hot crab legs and Bellagio didn't. However, Bellagio seemed to have food that was slightly higher quality than Aria.
    As for Mirage, quality is good and nice that unlimited beer and wine is now included.
    The only reason we went to Luxor, was that was all the points my friend had accumulated by playing myVegas for a short time, so we thought, how bad could it be?? Well, words can't describe it. :thumbsdown:

12. redsoxmom5

redsoxmom5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM Champagne brunch is fantastic. Bellagio lunch was just okay. Luxor lunch and dinner is crap.

13. Morpheus7272

Morpheus7272 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a question which will give all kinds of replies. I think it does matter whether or not you catch a buffet on a good or not-so-good day/night.

From the list, I've had Bellagio for lunch, MGM for Champagne Brunch and dinner, Mandalay Bay for dinner, and Mirage for lunch and dinner.

Since I enjoy a bit more basic food, I'd rank Mandalay Bay highest on the list. Free beer, excellent fried shrimp and Asian selections, a killer pasta station where your choices are heated together and presented fresh, and a few other good selections made this unseat my former favorite, the Mirage.

Onto the Mirage. Also free beer here. It's always a solid choice for me with great prime rib that they will cook to medium-well, shrimp ceviche, excellent Asian, good Mexican, and often a decent Italian selection. Salad is also made fresh to order, and their desserts are top-notch. I was very disappointed that they took away the pho as a choice for Asian soup, replacing it with a cheaper "ramen" soup...decent enough the way I spice it, but I loved that pho. So it gets ranked just below Mandalay right now.

MGM was hit or miss -- the champagne brunch was great, with fried shrimp, great Asian and Mexican, and many other good items. For dinner, we must have caught them on a bad night, because the food just wasn't as good, and things weren't replaced as promptly as before either.

Bellagio lunch had great quality food, but I didn't find as many choices that I liked. This was probably because I thought Bellagio's food was a bit more highbrow than I like. The quality was solid though.

14. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been warned away from MC for breakfast buffet, I can get 2:1 breakfast at Aria for 8k or 2 free for 19k for the wed and thursday we are there...(hopefully they let me cash multiples), also there is an all you can drink Bloody Mary reward as well there

anyway, how is Aria for breakfast, and for those that can, compare it to MC??

..just looking for fresh breads, pastries and fruit/yogurt, and a good omelette station...quality not quantity...

my Dad will not want to walk to Mirage from MC just for breakfast , nor to Luxor..so its MC or Aria...Bellagio is too many points...(i only have 40k to spend)

15. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why do you like the MGM for Breakfast? Thanks

16. SelfMade

SelfMade Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Despite the low redemption value I'm thinking of shooting for a Bellagio Buffet.

Does anyone know if the Myvegas reward includes a line pass or do you have to stick around for the hour in line it takes to get in to the goodness?

(this is really a general question for all the buffet rewards)

17. Eldon

Eldon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio includes a line pass (go in comp line).

18. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They seemed to have a lot more variety than the other breakfast buffets. For example, instead of just having plain old scrambled eggs like most buffets, they had some scrambled eggs with cheese, some scrambled eggs with cheese and ham, and a mexican style scramble with sausage. And of course just regular scrambled eggs for the traditionalists.

They also had these good homemade twinkies I really liked.

19. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used the Aria buffet and MGM champagne brunch buffets last weekend. Both were well worth the LPs. I had Mandalay's last trip and it was my favorite of the 3. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.