1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vitamix vs Blendtec blenders

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by DBear, Apr 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking to splurge on a high quality blender mostly to make veggie smoothies. Moreso than fruit juices. All kinds of veggies with the ability to chop thru ice.

Google has narrowed the search down to Vitamix and Blendtec. Would just grab their cheapest models which are still hovering around the $400 mark.

Although both get great online reviews, Vitamix seems to have a slight advantage.

In my area, I can only get a Vitamix if I order it. I saw Blendtec at my local Costco today for just under $400. Although I think I'd rather get a Vitamix, the ease of just picking up a Blendtec tomorrow is appealing.

Any thoughts on the two?

2. jammer23

jammer23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Costco has a fantastic return policy. Suggest buy both and try them out. Then keep the one you most like. Both blenders are powerful and easy to use/clean.

3. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the Vitamix 5200, and I still can't figure out a way I would try to convince someone to spend $400-500 on a "silly blender." Having said that, I would say that with the exception of traveling out of town and the occasional busy weekend day, I have used my Vitamix every day since I got it at the beginning of the year -- sometimes 2-3 times a day, if I am making multiple smoothies, protein shakes, and/or soup/sauce bases. I haven't even gotten around to using the dry container to try to make our own flour, nor have I attempted to make any nut butters or anything else awesome that you can do with it.
    If you're willing to splurge, and you're someone who will stay committed to it, go for the Vitamix. I actually bought mine online when Costco had theirs on sale, and I was able to get 5% cash back from my credit card company. Win!

4. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wanted a high end blender for smoothies (I make 1 every day), but I just didn't want to pay $300. My old blender just wouldn't get the veggies blended finely enough.

I bought a Ninja Pro (I think it was $89 or 99) and it works great! I can put anything in there and it gets blended very finely. Frozen fruit, even celery get blended finely. (I wouldn't recommend using celery though, even blended, the texture was awful.)

5. OnTheHorizon

OnTheHorizon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a Vitamix (for about 5 years now) and use if fairly regularly -- it has never let me down!

6. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just bought a $30 Black and Decker for $12.

I hope it makes my smoothies just fine.

7. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I went on Vitamix's website to see if they have any stores in my area that sell their blenders. They don't, but this summer, they will be bringing their road show to my local Costco. It's still about 2 months away but I think I will hold off until they come to town. You can actually YouTube clips of their Costco roadshows to see their demos.

I think Vitamix will win this battle. Just gotta wait 2 months for it but think its worth waiting given the positive reviews of it.

8. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've owned a Vitamix since 2012 and I still use it almost everyday and sometimes twice a day (I just used it about an hour ago). I know many people who own a Vitamix and I've never heard anything but positive reviews. We all seem to love our blenders. It is very difficult to tell someone why they need to spend a lot of money on a blender and much easier to show them. Smoothies are smooth in the Vitamix and they aren't very smooth in non-high end blenders.

I bought mine on the Vitamix site in the refurb section. Normally I wouldn't buy a refurb, but I have a friend who bought his as a refurb about 7 years ago and it's working perfectly still. No complaints with mine either. And, you can get them at 40% off the cost. In fact, I just convinced someone else to get one as a refurb and he loves his as well.

Many different models to choose from but they all have roughly the same specs. I would just get one with variable speed that has a knob and a high setting. That's all you'll really need. The motors all seem to be about the same (at least the way they're spec'd they do).

You can even find a coupon online for free shipping from Vitamix directly (I think that's about a $50 value).

Good luck and happy blending.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.