1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Costco Travel Website Good Deals

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by shallie, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shallie

shallie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those of you with a Costco Executive Card, you can get some pretty good deals from the Costco Travel Website. I've used Budget twice and have been really happy with the rate. For me, having a rental car is the only way to fly! Mind you, I LOVE to shop . We like to go to Henderson and the Primm Mall.

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1. I book cars all over with Costco and the joint flat rocks. It's my go-to portal now.

3. AOchoa95

AOchoa95 Low-Roller

+1. Booked with Costco and got a full size car, $102. Just keep checking in at times, for a cheaper rate.

4. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 also. We used Costco for our rental car on our last trip and they easily had the best rate.

5. bigsuv

bigsuv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    never used costco for any travel needs before so it could be a dumb question. will the rate better for executive card member and not so great for regular member? please advise.

6. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used Costco last time for a car rental, worked out really well. I'd use them again.

7. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have some great packages also. I found a package to Hawaii that included car rental, waterview room at Marriott, and airfare for less than a standard hotel room only booked on Marriott website.

I quit using their car rental discounts simply because they seemed to have tweaked it from giving 25% off to only 10% most of the time, and I get 10% + quad points using my Southwest code. That is with Alamo anyway, my preferred car rental.

8. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive booked my last 2 Disney Cruises through Costco Travel. The rates are good, service is great and you get a Costco cash card when you return from the cruise!

:beer:

9. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have executive membership but haven't noticed the rates are better than standard membership (I just get money rebated at the end of the year)- I am not aware of a tiered system for travel prices within Costco memberships.....

10. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't either, but there are some times extras for Executive members in the deal, i.e. resort credits or room upgrades, etc....

11. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the heads up Shallie!

12. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I used to use a Costco code # and a SWA code, with my Alamo rentals ... but the Costco code expired, and I just stuck with the SWA code. Been getting decent discounts ever since, and have gotten the 2400 Rapid Reward points on each of my last four rentals.

13. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, that tip just saved me another $20 plus double RR points with Thrifty!

14. bigsuv

bigsuv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so i guess the rebate alone possibly worth standard members upgrade to executive. they can always change it back the year after. will look into that next time. thanks for the info.

15. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm executive as well. Never used their travel options before becoming executive so I didn't realize there's a difference. That's good to know.

16. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess the things I've booked haven't had extra Exec bonuses so I haven't paid attention. I've only used it for car rentals and a couple of Princess cruises - most of the time I'm booking everything separately and doing it myself.:peace::peace:

17. azpokerkid

azpokerkid Tourist

For rental cars I use carrentalsavers.com. It always gives me better rates than Costco.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.