1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What are you up to in the spa?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Snowbelle3, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you usually enjoy the spa? Where and when?

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Real fan of shiatsu, Thai.

Steam and cold plunge are musts.

Fave spa remains Aquae Sulis (Spa Aquae, now).

3. vgslvr

vgslvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy Ending :eek:

4. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I was in Vegas, I stayed at the Vdara and enjoyed their spa. They gave me a great deep tissue massage and used hot rocks which was amazing. I really recommend the experience.

5. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A good old fashioned massage, minimum of 60 minutes. And none of that namby pamby Swedish crap either, deep tissue is a must.

6. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh YES.........a couples massage with another couple....LOL

7. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Newbies might avoid deep tissue

My first massage was a deep tissue. I had never had one before (40th birthday present) and didn't know enough to say "ouch....too hard". I was bruised for a week. If you aren't familiar with massages, I'd at least recommend not being shy about how you're feeling during the massage. Medium pressure, thanks...now I know.

As for what/where to spa. I love going to Canyon Ranch -- Venetian/Palazzo. Ruelala.com often has a coupon come up where you can get $125 worth of services for $75. Or, day pas is $40. But, the best priced tester deal is called a "Breathe Deep and Relax" for $55 (includes day pass). They also accept both Spafinder & Spawish gift cards.

Canyon Ranch has a big atrium room with cushy chairs to relax and have tea, salt grotto room with heated chairs, wave room (good for napping), dry/steam saunas and jacuzzi. And, if you go to the spa you get a locker bracelet that allows access to the Venetian/Palazzo pool complex for free for the day. (Call and make sure that still works).

That's how we spa!

8. MNVegasgal

MNVegasgal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely LOVE the Aria Spa, I have had the hot stone massage and the deep tissue (with add on of hot stone for legs and feet). The Steam Room, Cool Plunge, outdoor infiniti hot pool, and the heated stone beds are all a must when I go. I think my husband is now a SPA person after going to the Spa with me last December. They have great products in the shower. I can get showered and hair dried and straightened before leaving the spa.. without having to bring anything with me. Only have to go to the room to change and do my make up, and I am ready for the day.

9. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria Spa was great

We stayed at the Aria a few months ago and I sneaked a visit to that spa when I had a free hour before the day's activities. My first thought passing a clock was I didn't plan this well...I wanted to stay alot longer. Very nice spa...going back next month.

10. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like buying spa day passes and just hanging out in there. Clothing optional...woooohooo. I was one of those little kids that you could never catch after bath time to put the pj's on. Hot tub. Steam room. Sauna. Nice showers with the good shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Nice vanity area to get ready for the day. Really nice body lotion. Snacks, water, juice. Soothing music.

I have personal space issues that are slowly getting better. I had a mini massage in Vegas last time, it was nice. I think I could do an actual massage next time.

11. Nevada1278

Nevada1278 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Visited spa's at Aria, Wynn, Golden Nugget. First time at Encore in just over a week.

Usually opt for a facial as I have skin with 'issues'.

Whenever I have had a deep tissue massage, it has been nowhere near hard enough...way too gentle!

Try to go as early in the morning as possible to avoid the crowds.

12. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't bring myself to make time to do the spa in Vegas - too much else to do. But here when I go to Blue Chip, I hit there spa for a facial and massage. They have one that incorporates a back mask with a hot stone massage and it is all that! Otherwise deep tissue is the way to go.

13. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm really big into Spa's. Since I get regular monthly massages in town (Massage Envy) when I go to Vegas or any Resort that has a Spa I like to check them out.

My Routine

If I'm being really good I'll hit the Gym first then I'll spend my time between the Jacuzzi, Steam Room, Sauna, Lounge and Arctic Room if they have one.

Then I rinse and repeat haha. And sometimes I'll go back later in the day so I feel like I'm getting a 2 for 1. I really appreciate over the top decor like Qua!

14. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I almost always will book a spa day on a a trip to Vegas (or AC or a cruise). And when I do, I will plan at least four hours - often longer - starting early/mid morning. Since I come in to Vegas from the east coast, I often will do this the first day as a way of adjusting to the clock

I like starting with a workout at the gym. Then a shower. Then spend some time lounging around the whirlpool, steam, sauna (love an inhalation room!) and taking a nap on a lounge chair. I love the Bellagio for that- the balcony allows you to be outside getting a (complete!) sun tan without being seen.

Then maybe a snack or salad and get ready for the massage. I usually go for a 50 minute deep tissue - I seem to get too impatient for a 80 or 90 minute one. After that, it is another trip on a lounge chair for a while. Then I like to end with a Royal shave and/or a manicure.

By this time, it is late afternoon and I am ready to hit the tables.

All in it is about a $300 expense. That equals one buy in at a craps table that might last me 2 hours (if I am unlucky).

15. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wrong "Hawaiian" island -- y'all know what they say about Vegas, right? But it is spa related, so …

Last year we did spa and treatments for four days in a row at Travaasa Hana. THAT was awesome.

16. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to Wynn's Spa several times but not Encore's so please post a review when you get back! Maybe I'll just walk over to Encore on my next visit.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.