1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Excalibur Steakhouse

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Darreningreenwood, Apr 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone been to the Excalibur's steakhouse lately? Thoughts on the place?

I'm tempted to redeem a MyVegas reward for $50 off a bill of $100 or more, but I'll be going by myself. I'm sure I can run up a $100 tab (scotch!), and only pay $50...but is it worth it? Or would I walk away thinking the meal I just had wasn't even worth the $50 I paid?

2. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used a MyVegas reward there in November of last year and was pretty happy with it. Wasn't mind-blowing, of course, but it was solid all around. I didn't regret using the MyVegas loyalty points on it.

3. slimmy28

slimmy28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate there last May as a Solo at the bar. The food was pretty good, and the service seemed sufficient. I don't remember what my bill was, but I am sure you could find a good way to run it up to $100. I'm thinking mine that night was in the $50 range, but not positive. (Steak + side, no alcohol would have been the likely order for me.)

4. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always liked the food there. It's not 'the best' but it certainly is good IMO.
    The service however has always sucked. Been terrible for over a decade and has never gotten better, which means it's some sort of lousy management.

I still go there now and then, usually when I'm alone so I can sit a the bar...better service :)

5. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going to give it a try next month, as they have a Price Fixed menu for $40 which seems reasonable for what you are getting in the deal.

6. Dearns

Dearns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ate there last August with my wife. Had a cocktail each, French onion soup each, bone in rib eye each and shared a stuffed potato, mushrooms and spinach. May also have had a coke each too. From memory I think the bill came to around $130 which may give you some idea of what may come to $100.

Service was fine and had a nice seat next to the kitchen so we could see the chefs working away. We walked up around 9pm on a Monday night and had no problem getting a table. Was maybe half full with other diners. Would have no problem returning next time we're in Vegas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.