1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MillerTime report 2014 semi-live

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Avsman17, Apr 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avsman17

Avsman17 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

As I sit here on delta flight 1703 barreling towards mccarron I am flush with cash and filled with anticipation.

This is my first trip in a couple years. I'm a teacher and many of my former travel companions have been rif'ed and thus we haven't had the cash to do this much.

At any rate. My travel companion this trip is a fairly new friend of mine name Katie. She has never been so I'm amped about bringing a virgin

I have around 200 dollars a day gambling budget. This is down a touch from previous trips but it'll do.

Plans. We are staying dt for first two nights. Golden nugget. Switching to the strip for two nights at luxor and a single free night at MGM from myvegas. Unfortunately the nab conference caused sky high hotel prices so we had to settle for luxor as my normal choices of mirage or nyny were over 200 a night.

We are seeing zarkana from myvegas rewards, MGM Grand dinner buffet and Monte Carlo brunch from myvegas as well. None of these things were my first choice but blackout dates for shows and coin situations lead us to choose this avenue.

At any rate. Planning on lots of ddb, chasing that first royal. Cheers mates

2. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck! Can't wait to be in your shoes. That conference should bring in a lot of fun people during the week into next weekend when I am there!

3. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck! And more importantly, Have fun! A mix of 2 nts DT and 3 nts strip should be awesome for your Vegas virgin friend.

4. Avsman17

Avsman17 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All checked into the nugget. Wound up in Carson tower. One hell of a long ways from the elevator. While my travel companion was showering I went ahead and partook in a cigarillo and threw five bucks into a quick hits machine. Max bet 90 cents. Fourth spin won free spins and in there I hit six quick hits for 4500x2. Up 100 for the trip. Won't last long but nice to say for a minute.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Start!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  6. Avsman17

Avsman17 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Playing some roulette at the swanky el Cortez. Steep limits on a busy Saturday night. 2 bucks instead of one

7. Avsman17

Avsman17 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]played a little sigma derby

8. Avsman17

Avsman17 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just won 540 on a random dollar slot on the third pull. Boom [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  9. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love sigma derby and NICE hit on the dollar slot...keep up the good work :beer:

10. Avsman17

Avsman17 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Up early by vegas standards this morning but oh well. Had that nice 540 dollar hit last night which was random. I rarely play slots and when I do it's never dollars. I have seen so many people win playing top dollar so I sat down at one that turned out to be 15 bucks max bet so I moved over to this little two coin dollar slot and bingo. Stoked.

This morning we are heading to mss for the brunch buffet then not sure. Probably head to the pool here at the nugget after I place a couple sports bets

11. Avsman17

Avsman17 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So headed to mss for brunch. Tasty as always. My travel companion proceeded to leave an envelope with her winnings and Id/credit card in it on our table as we left. This was thrown away by our waitress who upon out request wound up fishing it out of the trash. Good people.
    Wandered around dt a bit. Made a hockey parlay and hit my first 4oak on quarters. Not premium but I'll take it. Down 60 on the day. Up about 500 for the trip. That will go down quickly without a few more nice hits. [​IMG][​IMG]

12. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep it up!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  13. Avsman17

Avsman17 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This afternoon we spent some time at the pool at the nugget. Not a lot in the way of eye candy but a good relaxing couple hours. Regrouping in the room now. Haven't gambled any since this morning. Gonna take 140 for the evening to preserve 1100 for the strip and guarantee myself walking out with a few hundred end of the week.

14. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You left out the part about rewarding the waitstaff for retrieving what was presumed to be trash but in reality was treasure. Surely she/he was happy to find the booty as well. Good report thus far. Good luck!

15. Avsman17

Avsman17 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She was given a ten spot by my friend. I suggested a 20 but she is frugle

16. Avsman17

Avsman17 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just lost a quick 40 playing triple play job chasing that royal.

Heading to 777 for burgers and beers. Probably going to hit up our friends down at el co for some blackjack and roulette this evening. Hoping for 1 dollar roulette. They were sky high last night at 2 bucks lol

Considering the huge convention in town this week and the amc awards tonight I've not been impressed with crowds dt.

17. Avsman17

Avsman17 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My gaming companion is gettin dejected. Can't seem to have a winning session

18. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Time to take her over to the boring penny Butterfly machines. Everyone wins on those :)

Attached Files:

19. Avsman17

Avsman17 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mss 777 was delicious as always [​IMG][​IMG]

20. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    7/5 DDB for 25c...better lay off that if you want money to last...9/5 DDB for 25c should be plentiful downtown...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.