1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

up! Magazine golf articles

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    April is golf month in WestJet's inflight. Here are two of my parts, on Palm Springs and Hawaii golf.

Coachella Valley

Hawaii

2. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jeez Ken, I'd love to check it out now but then I'd have nothing to read on my WJ flight on Sunday. Looking forward to reading it then!

3. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like a really good golf section this year. Couple profiles pieces, my bud Larry has a Vegas golf piece, some equipment stuff.

Have a good flight and a good trip.

I'm flying WJ for the first time ever come June, when I head up to YYC and then on to Banff and Jasper. Looking forward to getting north o' the 49th for the first time in a few years!!

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Real nice Ken!! Good reads.

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the Hawaii golf plug. Wow, Maui Country Club? Along the road to Paia? I haven't heard that name in decades. I played there in the 80's, we went late in the day and had the course to ourselves (since we sneaked on and didn't pay, lol....hey we were just kids!).

Actually on Maui I look at pukalani as budget and a decent play. kahili (or whatever it is called nowadays) and Maui Lani cost slightly more (not too much IMHO) but still affordable.

Hard to gauge prices as most times I pay kamaaina rates on most islands.

I'm going to the big island next month, staying for a convention but I plan to play at Hapuna and Waikoloa (staying at Waikoloa). BTW one other affordable course is Big Island country club. Neat because they have an island hole that is similar to the TPC par 3 17th island hole. Too bad that they will be aerating the course when I'm there.
    :wave:

6. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahh, the Dunes at Maui Lani, which I believe translates as "Windy Mutha." lol

I love the "value" side of islands golf. I did a piece on Kauai for the LA Times last year plugging around Kauai and NOT forking Prince/Poipu cash, and having just a blast.

Looking forward to my next "research" mission later this month!! I'm also doing a feature on Volcano.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.