1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tell me about Nobu

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by DonnyC, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So looks like this is the last trip for brother and I for a while.

Looking at the possibility of changing our hotel to try something different...but also don't want to be disappointed in the change.

We really like the Flamingo - for the pool - and are booked into the Go Room...which we have only stayed in once before, all other times FAB.

Looking at the rates for NOBU...and they are not bad for our time at $150 per night. I have heard people talk about the Octavius rooms...but they are even more at $180 a night.

So.....Tell me about Nobu:
    What is it?
    What is different about it?
    What did you like or not like about it?
    Room features?
    Anything else I should know?

We will probably still pay to use the pool at the Flamingo - unless Ceasars has a fun party pool - not day club...but a fun pool. We are 30 and 34 years old.

2. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The pools at Caesars are very nice. Party? I can't help you. Never noticed that there but I go in the morning. There is a small adult pool, for an extra price.

NoBu's rooms are small, nicely done. Many little extras, turn down service, etc. They treat you well. Maybe too subdued if you're in a party mode.

Octavius Tower is very handy to the pools, rooms are larger.

I'd be inclined to stick with Flamingo. It has the pool you want and going back and forth could be a nuisance. Also all the new LINQ action is there.

3. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or you may want to try the Augustus tower too. Rooms are bigger than Octavius and closer to the strip. Pools at Caesars are beautiful!

4. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So.....Tell me about Nobu:
    What is it?

It is one of Caesars very old towers completely gutted and redone last year

What is different about it?

It is Japanese in theme and decor

What did you like or not like about it?

Location within Caesars is very good and eliminates the complaints about "lots of walking" within CP. Furnishings of very high quality, somewhat higher touch service. Rooms are small compared to Augustus/Octavius/other new, high end rooms on the strip (but would be comparable to if not bigger than Flamingo)

Room features?

Very high quality beds/pillows/linens. Room service available from Nobu restaurant downstairs. Very possibly the highest priced minibar I have seen in the US outside of NYC, airplane sized liquor miniatures were $17 IIRC. Views are not good since it is now surrounded by taller buildings.

Anything else I should know?

Maybe not the best choice for 2 guys as the beds will pretty much take up the entire room--but this will be a problem at Flamingo as well. If you care about the "soft furnishings" like bed/linen/towel/bathroom product quality, this is a great choice. If you want space in your room, Augustus is the better choice. My sense is that you LIKE the vibe at Flamingo and may be price conscious about certain things. If this is the case, there is no reason to pay to be at CP and just spend your time running back and forth to the Flamingo. If you are just making do with the Flamingo since it is free, maybe now would be a good opportunity to try something nicer.

We will probably still pay to use the pool at the Flamingo

I have never heard anyone staying at Caesars ever mention even considering that, I hear people staying at a place like Flamingo asking how they can get into Caesars pool. The crowd at CP pool is very mixed in age and behavior, but if you are there on a summer weekend it will be party oriented.

5. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One more thing about the pools at Caesars. The adult pool (Venus) is open Thursday through Sunday (11am-6pm, I believe). Men are normally charged a $20 entry fee, but according to an email I received from Caesars, Nobu guests are given free entry.

6. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are correct in some of the assumptions:

IME price conscious traveler. And I do like the vibe of the flamingo pool.

As it's probably our last Vegas trip for a long time that's why am considering a different style room.

Can anyone tell me more about the Caesar's I don't pool?

7. fishyducky

fishyducky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked our 4th of July trip. Staying out the Wynn but did book our last night at the Nobu to try it out. Will report back after our stay.

8. 4Eyes

4Eyes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The sushi chefs there are assholes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.