1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Supercross May3

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by dprocup, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dprocup

dprocup Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to the AMA Supercross finals May 3 at Sam Boyd but I have a couple questions. In previous years I took the shuttle bus from the Hard Rock, this year I'll have a rental car, now the important question. Is it better to take the free shuttle from the Hard Rock and leave the rental there or is it better to drive to the stadium? How bad will the traffic be leaving the stadium? Is there a "back way" out of Sam Boyd?

2. LA2VegasTrekkers

LA2VegasTrekkers High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We go every year and always drive to the stadium. There are pros and cons.

If you drive, parking is pretty plentiful, but you might have to go a little early to get a decent parking space. The lots are totally dirt, rocks and gravel, so don't take a car you would worry about driving on that. There is a back way out, but the traffic can still often be pretty bad. If the racing isn't close, we will sometimes leave before last lap to avoid it. Obviously, this means you also have to watch the alcohol intake, since you're driving. On the upside, trying to catch the shuttle back after the race could take hours.

Can't wait!!

3. coralrush

coralrush Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't been to the supercross, but did go to the Monster Jam World Finals recently at the Sam Boyd (see recent trip report) which had shuttle buses. I don't know if it is going to be different, but we noticed that the shuttle buses got precedence for traffic diversion out of the parking lot, so all the cars had to give way to the buses. Which could mean a long wait for the cars if you didn't get out ASAP (potentially even before the event finishes).

4. dprocup

dprocup Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info! I think I'll take the rental car this time, live and learn. If James Stewart is having a good night I'll leave after the first heat LOL.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.