1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

RVing

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ck2124, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ck2124

ck2124 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone have any advice / words of wisdom about renting an RV? We are looking to drive from Dayton OH to Vail CO in July with four adults, 4 year old and almost-2 year old. We will not be staying in the RV while there. I know, expensive mode of transportation but my daughter does not think the youngest will do well flying. Thanks.

2. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Suggest you try renting for a weekend. Don't just drive to someplace close, take a long trip and see how the kids are in seat belts for that length of time. Even though it's a 'home', it's still a vehicle and you do need seat belts. You wouldn't want to slam on the brakes and have kids floating around.

Also see how the drivers like it.

3. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have rented a few. Not sure what kind of advice you're looking for.

Picking up and dropping off the RV take the longest as you have to go through the tutorial, etc. For us, the smoothest rental was with Cruise America out of Oakland, CA, but it wasn't the cheapest.

They get you hard on the mileage. I think we were allowed like 150 miles a day and then we had to pay an overage.

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe a compromise between the Wright Brothers and Bekins Moving? Have you priced renting a vehicle that will hold your six plus goodies? An SUV or a (poorly named) mini van. You lose the loo and kitchen, bunk space, but you can still haul food and bev, still stop along the way. Save money, too.

Happy road tripping!!

5. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm really sorry to be Debbie Downer. But, I'm stuck on one thing in your question. You say the one kid would not do well on a plane trip. I don't understand how the kid would do better tied up in an RV for days. And I don't know how pleasant that would be for the other people who are also locked up in the same RV. It's an unpleasant couple of hours vs probably an unpleasant couple of days. I'm stuck on that point and I have to admit that I don't get it.

I sincerely wish you luck with it though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.