1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone Been to a Concert at Downtown Container Park?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by jimboguy, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wondering if anybody could share their experiences attending a concert at Downtown Container Park. There's a band I wouldn't mind seeing there on Friday, April 18th.

I went to the Container Park during the day about two months ago. I didn't stay long, just wanted to do a quick walk through. The place seemed to be geared toward families during the day, which makes sense given the Treehouse in the center.

I wouldn't mind listening to some live music, but I don't want to be stuffed into a crowd to in order to do so.

Thanks.

2. Crambone

Crambone Gnaeus Pompey Magnus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never been to one but who's playing April 18th? Their schedule doesn't go past April 11.

You could sit on the patio on top of the Boozery for a good view. They say it's the only place to smoke in Container Park however.

3. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were there when a band played, and it wasn't very crowded. There were people milling around the stage and seating for people drinking and carrying on.

The scene shifts in the evening from a daytime play area to a night time mostly adult entertainment area. You can't bring in outside drinks (you're stopped at the entrance), they have plenty of good options inside but they are not cheap.

Let us know how it turned out.

4. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a band called The Soft White Sixties. I found out they were playing Container Park via Pollstar
    I haven't heard of this band before, but it appears the concert is free and I went to the band's web page and listened to a couple of their songs. They sounded pretty good: http://thesoftwhitesixties.com/

5. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. I don't know that I'll for sure attend, but since it's free I'm definitely going to keep the option open.

6. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Odd those businesses would go in during the slow season yet then leave just as the busy season starts to hit. Now that the weather is nice, Container Park has substantially increased attendance.

Bill

8. Crambone

Crambone Gnaeus Pompey Magnus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They do sound good. After the show you can mosey over to the ElCo for some BlackJack. Maybe another hipster will show off and split his Ten's again.

9. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm hoping to satisfy my BlackJack craving this weekend in Wendover, NV. There may be a hipster sighting, but nothing like what can be found at El Cortez on a First Friday.

10. Fishercat

Fishercat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just saw Sheryl Crow on Friday. Awesome show. We had general admission tickets, and sat on the lower patio at the Boozery. The view from there was excellent. All the upper decks was VIP seating. Also the grass in front of the stage were premium tickets. This show was 1000 tickets max and the place was pretty packed. I would suggest any one going to get there early. As posted above the Boozery is leaving but I would assume that something will take its place.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.