1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn vs. Aria buffet for gluten free dining

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Stckfigure, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stckfigure

Stckfigure Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know in almost every showdown here, Wynn would win this discussion. I've eaten at the Wynn buffet before, a couple years ago, and was actually less impressed than I was hoping to be based on the reviews (I liked Wicked Spoon better). I'm going back with my wife this time, and she can't have gluten... from what I've read, Aria does a really good job with managing GF foods and clearly labeling, but I understand Wynn restaurants across the property also do. (I don't see as many positives for Wicked Spoon). I actually think for the most part we'll be okay, entree-wise... mostly I want her to have a reasonable selection of desserts.

Any input from someone who knows is appreciated!

2. SelfMade

SelfMade Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegan food is by no means gluten-free by default but Wynn's edge comes from the school of thought rather than the menu itself. What I've found is that due to the focus on specialty menus at Wynncore there's a pervasive culture in their kitchen's about knowing their produce and what goes on their plates.

They are just very good and experienced at these special requests.

3. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

In terms of gluten-free, both places will serve you well. At least, that's been my experience. I'd hate to pick one over the other.
    It might not hurt to call in advance and specifically ask about the desserts, especially if that is high on your wife's priority.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.