1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lunch buffet at Mandalay Bay

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Disney Fan, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disney Fan

Disney Fan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone have the Mandalay Bay lunch buffet recently ? Thinking about trying it out on a Friday, any chance for crab legs ??

2. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's solid, but nothing special for Vegas. If you are staying at MB it's fine and you will enjoy it, but I certainly would not make a trip to MB just for the buffet. Not sure if they have crab legs at lunch.

3. Nick61

Nick61 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've had the Bayside buffet probably 3-4 times, over 2 different trips. Our room packages had some built in resort credit/$, which we used for the buffet. It's been 6 months since we visited.

It really varied from pretty good--to other times very ordinary. Buffets anywhere can be a problem when the customer traffic is slow, and this was a problem a couple of times. During the slow times we enjoyed it less, because the food sort've sad around not getting replaced regularly.

Once we caught some BBQ ribs that were pretty darn good, I made a pig of myself. They have lots of heavy manly dishes, carved roast beef, rotisserie chicken, etc. The salad bar was nice, with many offerings.

Also, for dessert our favorite was the frozen custard machine. They had some great fruit toppings, such as strawberry, pineapple, etc. We found this to be a real treat, although we were so stuffed by that point we couldn't each much of it.

I don't remember any crab legs, that doesn't mean they weren't there though. Sorry about that.

Overall, I don't think it's something we'd go out of our way to pay for--and the price is far from cheap. But if it's part of our resort room credit, we would definitely go there again.

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with JD, if you are staying at MB or will be there for another reason the buffet is a decent option for a meal or two but I wouldn't make a point of going there specifically for the buffet.

5. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's one of the most underrated buffets IMHO. I've eaten there for the past 7 years or so as well as every top tier buffet in Vegas, I like it just as much as the others.

6. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

I agree. It's underrated but we like "ordinary" food, not fru-fru stuff.. When we were there in Dec. they had the most amazing pumpkin soup and they were kind enough to give me the recipe which I have not been able to duplicate at home. Hard to cut down a recipe that feeds 200!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.