1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Burger Recommendations...

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by thekillers, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thekillers

thekillers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I've checked out all of the so called top 10 lists by the websites, but to be honest in the past week that I've been on this message board, I feel like I've found the most informed and friendly people on the internet. Think it's because we are all always planning our next trip to Vegas... I digress...
    Anyway I was staying at the Golden Nugget a few years back and won a little bit of cash and wanted to go to a decent burger place, ended up at BLT at the Mirage, I really loved it, and took the Mirage as well. Ended up going 2 more times that year to stay at the Mirage, just a preference thing.
    Anyway, I'm looking to break out of my comfort zone and try .... dare I say it... a different place besides BLT. Would actually like to try a few for the week I'll be there in June, anyone have any suggestions?

2. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stripburger, Holsteins and Burger Bar are the best burger joints in Vegas. I rank them in that order but its very close and you wont be dissapointed at neither. Also other restaurants that serve a mean burger is Mesa Grill and Carnevino.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  3. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the best way to try a new burger is by getting it at half price......via Groupon......if you make your location Vegas you will get all kinds of deals.....KGB Burger, Brassier Burger, Johnny Rockets, FatBurger, Toby Keiths and more.....you can get $12 of food/drink for $6 or $30 of food/drink for only $15.....you get the drift.....

4. trellaine

trellaine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Must be a reason these places use groupon?

I had BLT last night, going on various reviews.

Service was a bit blah. At least my waitress.

Burger was pretty good but not in the same boat as Burger Bar at MB. IMO.

I may get to another one before the trip,is over.

5. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I definitely dig Burger Bar.

6. ICallHimGamblor

ICallHimGamblor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I was in Vegas I tried the new B&B Burger place in the Venetian, and it is now my favorite burger in town. Holstein's at The Cosmo is a close second.

7. dglen

dglen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stripburger and the Burger Bar are my favorites, BLT was good but I liked the others better. Gordon Ramsey's BurGR is supposed to be good as well but I haven't tried it yet.

8. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holstein's in the Cosmo is fantastic. Just ate there again last week. Phenomenal burgers. My favorite is the Gold Standard.

I have ate at BLT before. Holstein's is in another class IMO

9. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some are good Groupon deals but don't bother with Toby Keiths. It's similar to an Applebees but Applebees has better food (which says something).

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  10. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    KGB is awesome in my opinion. I've eaten at Burger Bar and I thought KGB was just as good and the sides were better. (also, KGB is a less expensive option with just as good of quality)

I think KGB suffers from where its located. I think Groupon gets folks in the door, and then I imagine many come back. Even at menu price, I think its a great bargain comparatively.

11. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holsteins at Cosmo is amazing. Gordon Ramsay Burger was good but I like Holsteins better.

12. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Burger Bar
    2. Holsteins
    3. Gorden Ramsey BurGR

Annual Golf Trip
  13. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    two places i love that are usually off the radar: BLT burger at the Mirage and my personal favourite: Cheeseburger Oasis (formerly Cheeseburger Las Vegas) inside the Miracle Mile Mall - these burgers are INCREDIBLE

14. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I probably don't have the most valuable perspective on this because I don't eat beef (I always substitute in turkey), but I absolutely loved the Peanut Butter Crunch Burger at Michael Mina Pub 1842, at the MGM Grand. I can't speak to how good a "traditional" burger they make, but what I had was incredibly good.

15. soled905

soled905 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't know if I'm in the minority or not, but I've given BLT 3 tries and each time came away with the impression their burger meat is average grade. Probably the most underwhelming burgers I've had at any sit down burger restaurant.

Everyone in any of the parties who were with me felt the same.

We did try B&B Burger a couple weeks ago and were very impressed with the quality and flavor. I just wish the burgers were a little bigger.

16. trellaine

trellaine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. I was at BLT last night. It wasn't bad. I had the BLT. But not memorable or have me going back. I did like the fries. Not sure if they double fry them? I liked the crisp crunch.

Overall a bit underwhelming.

Burger bar was really good on my last trip ! Snotty service lady at the bar though lol. The guy,was great. Friendly.

17. thekillers

thekillers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Either you are a friendly lot of people, or you seriously want to see me gain 20lbs while in Vegas, either way these are some great suggestions. Going to hit up a couple of these place in June.

18. mgill1974

mgill1974 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're donwtown and want an awesome deal, you can't beat this for $5

The coffee shop at El Cortez, Café Cortez, serves a half-pound hamburger and a 12-ounce beer for $5. The burgers are served with fresh lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and pickles, and you get a bag of chips on the side. Choose from Bud, Bud Light, PBR, or Tenaya Creek beer, or substitute a soft drink. This burger is among several really good ones we’ve sampled lately and it also shines the brightest on the value side. The deal is available around the clock.

19. TimWhalen

TimWhalen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if they are known for their burgers but I had a build your own burger at The Pub in Monte Carlo and was very satisfied as were most people with me. One of the better burgers I have had. Maybe I haven't lived though lol.

20. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Get a burger at Grande Lux, I get one that has green chile and chipotle mayonnaise, you'll thank me later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.