1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria Suite Comp?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by grplnxprt, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grplnxprt

grplnxprt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Mlife site offered me three nights in a suite. I called to book, gave my info, and the lady said I had an offer for a regular room. I mentioned the offer for the suite and she said she can't give me a suite because that week is busy. :grrr:

Is this normal? I'm staying Monday and Tuesday nights in early May.

I booked the regular room, but should I call a week or two out and ask about getting a suite then? Should I ask when I check in?

The offer is gone from the Mlife site now, but I still have the offer code.

2. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if its the first weekend of may, that's the weekend of the Kentucky derby (Saturday) and cinco de mayo(Monday) ... I could see there being potentially more traffic in vegas that weekend.

3. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is not unusual for a May weekend, but pretty unusual for weeknights. I just finished booking a May trip, and was blown away how tight it is. Some of the hotels are already sold out for Thursday 5/15 arrival, even for mid level gamblers.

At this point, they simply will not guarantee you a suite in advance - not 2 months, not two weeks, not two days. However, you should absolutely ask at time of check in - that is best and only shot.

Also, I would be willing to bet that the small print on your offer says the suite is "based on availability"...

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can often get an idea of how booked they are by doing a trial booking online, and checking the rate calendar.

Suites are space available for most of us.

5. vokalml

vokalml Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also a huge 30k convention in town mid may. You may have a convention that weekend too.

6. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They wont guarantee you a suite in case a bigger player wants to come in those same days. And its better business practice to put you in a regular room and upgrade you upon arrival if available, than say you have a suite and then have to bump you out to a regular room upon arrival.

You should always screen shot your offers that you book, since they DO disappear from the website once booked

7. aaronw915

aaronw915 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too funny you mentioned this as I got the following error yesterday after booking at Aria, and then going in later to see that the offer was gone. Thankfully, for my sanity, I screen shot every Mlife screen because who knows if it will be working correctly from day to day.

[​IMG]

I called Aria this morning to make sure they had my reservation for the 7th - 10th and they did.

But early May is looking insanely busy out there with the Derby, Cinco de Mayo, and Aria is also participating in Uncork'd (8-11)

8. grplnxprt

grplnxprt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did screenshot it(and it's gone now), but it doesn't show my name or MLIFE number anywhere. How do they know I didn't just get it off the internet somewhere?

I'm also worried they're going to give me the usual $100 freeplay instead of the $350 from the suite offer...

9. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes its norm . theres a pecking order.

all they will do is guarentee you a room and after that if a whale comes you are bumped down.
    its common all over vegas same way you get upgraded if its slow you get down grade if its busy

10. Crazycrue

Crazycrue Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am booked at Mirage 6-10th and the place is booked right up. Not sure what is going on in town that week but my friends are booked at flamingo and its the same thing.

11. grplnxprt

grplnxprt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well... they were pretty busy and I didn't get a suite. No problem.

BUT... my offer was for $350 freeplay and when I asked at the Mlife desk, they said I could have $125.

I explained that I booked a specific offer(with offer code) given to me by the Mlife website. I had a print out of the offer screen shot.

They called somebody over and they said I could log in to the site and show them the offer online. I said it wasn't there any more. They said if it was ever there, it would always be there. I don't think they use the site... :rolleyes2:

I didn't want to argue so I took the $125 freeplay, walked 50 feet to a $5 Top Dollar machine, ran it through in 9 spins and cashed out for $900+ :Þ

12. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    pbr , reedeck central yeahaw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.