1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Short MSP Layover

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Rutgerskid, Mar 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rutgerskid

Rutgerskid Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So my next Vegas Trip will be in Mid-May. I scored a great deal with a buddy for an early morning Delta flight out of EWR. However, the layover is only 48 min! I didn't even know that was allowed. I've never been to MSP. Is that enough time? Its a Delta-Delta plane change. Should we upgrade our seats to EC so we can deplane faster? Any info would be great. Thank you!

2. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will be fine as long as your plane is not late. MSP is not a big airport. Good thing you are flying Delta. If you somehow miss your flight, they will put you on the next flight.

I remember I had a layover in Chicago for 45 min and my plane was 20 min late. I had to run across the airport to catch my flight. Chicago airport is huge.

3. djen

djen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MSP is not a huge airport, yet the airport is a Delta hub and Delta has gates in each of the concourses. So depending on the gates it could be as short as a minute or 10+ minute walk to your connecting flight gate.

4. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will be flying into terminal 1 and I imagine since you are flying from EWR you won't be flying a smaller/regional jet. They have a great concourse tram setup so if you have a good distance between gates then take the tram, the gate agent can give you advice as you exit the plane. Too bad you won't have a long layover, I think MSP is a fantastic airport. I have flown that Delta flight to Vegas more than a few times.

Map of terminal 1: http://www.mspairport.com/images/maps/how-to-maps/07_ht-L-lrt_041509.aspx

5. Rutgerskid

Rutgerskid Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. I've also heard great things about MSP. Our return layover is almost 3 hours, so it will give us a chance to explore a little.

6. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's a big airport, and the other guy is right, delta owns maybe 80% of the gates, you could arrive on one concourse and be a long, long way from where you take off next, they do have plenty of moving sidewalks though.

7. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Three hour layover, plenty of time to:

1, Look at the coupons here: http://www.shopsatmsp.com/page/1/eat.jsp

2, Walk the mall, don't forget to get a free spray of cologne at the duty free shop

3, Grab a beer at Rock Bottom Brewery

If you are flying back early, try Northern Lights. They open early and it's almost always just you and a couple of other travelers.

8. polkarandy

polkarandy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think the 48 min layover will be a problem...MSP is not that big, although it can get crowded at points during the day (like any), which could slow your movement. I'd check with the flight attendant towards the end of the flight if everything is running on time and find out how fast you need to move. I can't imagine it being a problem, if schedules are maintained.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.