1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thank you swa

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Username, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a 4 day trip scheduled mid April (booked in October) and the wife and I were talking how bad the weather has been and we should of taken advantage of the 5 day comp Harrah's offered us....now we are thinking with less then 3 weeks it will cost too much to change plane reservations.

So today I called SWA and explained that I want to extend our trip one more day but my wife's tickets were purchased via SWA points and my return trip via dollars and didn't quite know how much it would now be to move our return trip for one extra day......the very nice phone rep said wife will get back 2000 points and your's will cost $83 but you have $80 in the SWA bank.....BOUYA....so then a quick call to Harrah's and they were kind enough to extend our comped room one extra day........Double BOUYA

Bottom line......$3 more for SWA and $18 more for Harrah's resort fee = 1 more day in Paradise......you can't beat that deal with a Ugly Stick.....

)BTW the $80 in SWA bank would of run out in October before I probably could use it.)

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you book and rebook several times it can get confusing, but I am a total SWA fan. You must keep good records.

3. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I keep a Vegas Vacation File on my email.......but I did book and rebook at the cheaper rate for my return flight, hence the $80 SWA bank account and then today rebooked it again for $83 more but what puzzled me was my wifes tickets were 2K less in points that SWA immediately refunded to her account. But there was no way I was going to argue that point......and then the nice phone rep lady talked Vegas with me for almost 15 minutes.....

4. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. I keep losing track of my $10 security fee when I cancel a trip. You need to keep your confirmation number of the canceled flight to be able to reapply it.

5. atcmurph

atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being an extremely disorganized person, I always keep my email from them in the "saved mail" file. So if I have to cancel a trip or whatever the case may be, I won't absent-mindedly delete the email with the confirmation number.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.