1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Monte Carlo booking advice

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by bobbyh, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbyh

bobbyh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

I am looking to book a reservation at the Monte Carlo from 5/30 thru 6/3 as it was in our budget. I looked at the reviews of all the hotels I considered and wish I didn't read any; every single place has a problem.

I have looked at many, many of the online sites with the Deluxe Strip View rooms and can't decide what is my best choice to book with.

I have found out the price for the room, taxes, + resort fee(of which will be $80 for the only thing I'll use which is the water). :thumbsdown:

Most of the prices are within a few $$ of each other and wanted to know if anyone had a preference to book with? I would prefer someone with a cancellation option at least up to 48 hrs. of arrival, but I'm not married to that.

Thanks!

2. Ringo16

Ringo16 Tourist

I've stayed at Monte Carlo in December and the room was completely fine. Simple room with a TV, nice bed, and a desk with a coffee maker. Don't expect a luxurious suite, but definitely better than a low budget hotel like Excalibur.
    Try tipping the concierge as you check in and you might get a an upgrade or at maybe least your resort fee waived.

3. chuckM

chuckM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't spring for a strip view. Pretty much a view of air condition units.

4. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the only advantage of a strip view is that it can can loud from the pool DJ if you have a lower floor room facing the pool area..

we are staying (likely) at MC this year for the fourth time (3rd in 4 years) we tried MGM last year, and although the room was fine, the added walks to places we liked was too much for Dad. Since we are Aria fans, the proximity of the elevators to the back walkway over to Aria is so nice, and it saves us on our room outlay (more for food and gambling...) MGM did offer nice food choices tho, its a trade off.

easy enouh walk to Cosmo too, as well as a CVS next door if you need anything...

two other things we like about MC vs MGM...better exercise facility/spa (only "cardio room" included at MGM...terrible, small and crowded), and Keurig K cup machine in the room...they give you two k cups, we bring extras...

Book with confidence...

5. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MC is probably your best bet to stay on the Strip in that price range.

I always book directly with the hotel either on their website or on the phone.
    I found it easiest to cancel,rebook,or have them drop the price if it goes down.

If you call,know what the website offers first.i have done that a couple times and got better deals on the phone(AAA discount etc.)

6. bobbyh

bobbyh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So it sounds like the strip view isn't worth the extra cash? I thought for the money the view would be better. Maybe I'll just book a high floor room.

Are any of the online bookers better than the others?

7. bobbyh

bobbyh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks from a new poster, I didn't see this until after I posted.

I appreciate your and everyone else's advice so far.

8. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love Monte Carlo. Very simple room and no problems the times we've been there. Pool is great.

I always book through Mlife with them and just track the price. If it goes down you can call them directly to get the lower rate.

9. Reefer

Reefer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Nittany, the times we've stayed there we booked direct and then if other offers come up its an easy cancel & rebook or a simple call and then it's just adjusted. Keep watching the MC website and click on the sign up for deals link.
    Try this....

https://secure02.mgm-mirage.com/guestbook/guestbook.aspx?PID=MCH&utm_source=GB-MC10&utm_campaign=GB-MC10

We've always enjoyed the Monte Carlo & never had problems there but it's been about 3 yrs since our last stay.
    Enjoy....:eek:

10. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't worry too much about negative reviews. Every place has some. Some legit, some overreactions, some people love to complain.

11. bobbyh

bobbyh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks again everyone for the advice. I just signed up on MLife and with the link to the special offers sign-up.

I'm going to book with them directly as the price is the same as all the other online places and I like the fact I can adjust to a better price from them if offered before my trip.

It's been about 10 years since I last visited; can't wait to see how much has changed!

12. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This. Book a basic room and try the $20 trick to get an upgrade.

As for the pool noise, I've had rooms facing the pool for the last couple of trips (I've stayed at MC for the last 5-6 trips) and pool noise has never been an issue. Also, the pool closes pretty early so unless you are napping in the afternoon or go to bed at 7pm, it shouldn't be an issue at all.

I've always found MC clean and affordable with reasonably priced dining options. Plus its a 2 minute walk to NYNY, MGM, and Aria and a quick tram ride to the Bellagio and the middle of the strip.

13. ChickenBone Jones

ChickenBone Jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just stayed at the MC in January and it was good. The room is basic and showing some wear and tear but it was clean and everyone was friendly and helpful. Ask for a high floor with a view of Aria and you will enjoy the view.

14. bobbyh

bobbyh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks again everyone for the advice; made the reservation at MC.

I actually didn't have time until today to make a reservation and lo and behold the rates dropped $20/day on M-Life for the room compared to just yesterday!

I'll be counting down the days for my triumphant return to Vegas. :thumbsup:

15. Blueocean

Blueocean Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Monte Carlo

We are staying there those dates as well. I booked through credit card points. 6 nights for 468 after points applied. Is that good?

16. bobbyh

bobbyh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I booked the room it was $508 for 4 nights + $80 for the rip-off resort fee to be paid at check-in; which I will try to get waived somehow as I won't use a thing included in it. This was for the deluxe strip view room.

I didn't deal with any points; but I would say the $468 you paid for 6 nights is very good!

I haven't stayed here before so I'm anxious to see how it compares to the others I have stayed at.

17. Blueocean

Blueocean Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Monte Carlo

Ok, that is Canadian funds too. I'm anxious as well. Last time I went to Vegas I stayed at aria. I know it's not going to be like that. Lol. Have fun!

18. MIA_305

MIA_305 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at the MC a few weeks ago for 4 nights. It was an amazing stay. I was too iffy about the reviews but it was an amazing stay as I mentioned.

I originally had a standard room. When we arrived I did the $20.00 trick and got upgraded from a 6th Floor room to a 20th floor Strip View room.

The food court here is awesome for a quick eat. Staff and dealers at the tables are extremely nice.

Like others mentioned people just love to complain.

Enjoy your trip.

19. bobbyh

bobbyh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank! I'm looking forward to staying there. I stayed at Mirage my first time and I liked it a lot. I also stayed at Circus Circus and Stratosphere which I didn't like too much. My most recent stay was at Tropicana before the rebuild and I didn't have much to complain about there.

It was tough picking somewhere in my budget as you have stated, outside of forums such as this, people only talk when it's negative.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.