1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Miss my buddy's 60 BD in LV? I'll be POed!!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by booker, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friend's son asked me months ago to accompany him and his dad – my tennis playing beer drinking buddy from my college days, to Vegas to celebrate his birthday. Great!

BUT…

Wednesday I was diagnosed with pneumonia for the second time in 6 weeks! I'm coughing less, taking the drugs the doc gave me and following his orders not to drink and to rest.

My question: for those who have had pneumonia, do you think I'll be able to go in just over two weeks? (I think that I got overly tired and caught it again … or it never completely left my system.)

2. jackincols

jackincols Guest

Found this at Health Online, booker. Sounds like it depends on what type of pneumonia you have contracted.

Treating Bacterial Pneumonia

Antibiotics are used to treat this type of pneumonia. Antibiotics should be taken as directed. If antibiotics are ceased before treatment is complete, the pneumonia may return. Most people will improve after one to three days of treatment.
    Treating Viral Pneumonia

Antibiotics are useless if a virus is the cause of pneumonia. However, antiviral drugs can help treat the condition. Symptoms usually improve within one to three weeks.

3. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i had it took around a month and no drinking for 3 to 4 weeks after. also smoking or being around smoking is very bad for it.so vegas does suxs for that reasons its a death chamber

you should feel better in a week but it will take a while to build you strength back up. good luck

ps flying if you are might not be the best thing since people are sick up there and its easy to relapse.

pss its a great way to go on diet if you need too

4. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had pneumonia a few times and it really depends on you. If you behave yourself until then, you might be up to it. But, you'll probably have less stamina. If you're OK with just being satisfied with being there and OK with a slower pace of trip you'll probably be fine. If you try to party like a Rock Star (not the 70 year old ones, the 25 year old ones) you'll end up back in the hospital. FYI, the cocktail service at the hospitals in Vegas sucks! You don't want to leave yourself open to a 3rd round of pneumonia or something worse. You can probably pull it off if you take good care of yourself.

5. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, folks, you're just beacons of light! My case is not "very bad" according to the doc, but if I can make it I'll tell my buddy that I've got to be laid back and will need fairly early nights. As a poker player, I don't drink much anyway – if I did I would get taken to the cleaners.

6. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the 3 big factors will be getting enough sleep even if that means taking 2 or 3 naps a day if you're not good at sleeping more than a few hours in Vegas, staying hydrated and eating nutritiously alongside Vegas treats, and not over doing the walking. There's no shame in renting a scooter. I ended up not needing one this past trip but I would totally get one if I needed it. One of the employees at MGM Grand told me they get a whole bachelor party group and they all have scooters, nothing wrong with any of them.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lots of variables.

I had the big P many years ago. Did not return to work for 4 weeks. Slept on the couch all day - which I could not normally do.

8. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can I make a suggestion? when you feel better, they do have an inoculation for pneumonia.

I used to smoke, and every winter, I would have pain, fever and trouble breathing. They started offering the pneumonia inoculation (back then supposedly good for life) I got one and my symptoms went away for 6-7 winters. Then they came back. I found out that follow up shots were necessary, had another and no problem since.

I'm sure your doctor has told you this, but you never know.

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
  9. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're still dragging your a$$ around close to your trip, ask your doctor for a vitamin b12 shot.

10. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the suggestions one and all. Frankly, I'm feeling pretty good all things considered. My cough is subsiding. I'm mostly a couch potato and keeping my fingers crossed.

Being the tight low baller that I am, I would so hate to give up the cheap flight that I booked a few months back.

daveg000 ~ I've already decided on the inoculation, and one for singles as well as a couple of people I know recently had them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.