1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Questions Regarding scoring an Upgrade at Flamingo

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by DonnyC, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,

Staying at the Flamingo Tuesday July 22 - Saturday July 26.

Have a Go Room booked for brother and I - do the Go Rooms have free coffee?

Looking for advice on scoring an upgrade to Neapolitan Suite - just for the fun of it.

Intuitively I woudl think that a Tuesday arrival should lend nicely to my chances?

There seems to be discrepancy on whether trying to check in early or later is better in this situation...what do you think?

Any other details on good ways to improve my changes?

I won't ask about the $20 tip at front desk...because I'll try that in conjunction with other responses.

Thanks!

2. Thickskinnedalive

Thickskinnedalive Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The GO room does have a coffee maker. Uses a prepacked filter/coffee that they provide. Never used it once during our stay but they do give 2 coffee and 2 tea pouches.

Weekdays as always improves your chances at an upgrade minus the Friday night. Also it depends on the week and how many conventions and events are in town.

3. kewidogg

kewidogg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good, freaking, luck. If all you do is $20 or less, I would say your odds or chances are slim to none. I've tried even just the $20 trick twice (maybe 3 times) at flamingo, and the best upgrade I've been offered was moving from a FAB Deluxe to a FAB Luxury (basically just strip view). I'd bet they won't upgrade unless they are just dead empty, which during the summer they are not.

4. Vanessa24

Vanessa24 Tourist

We've stayed at the Flamingo most of our trips to Vegas and been upgraded almost every time. Last trip we ended up in a huge suite with two bathrooms and a separate living room, dining area and bar. It wasn't renovated, but the space and two bathrooms were awesome. That upgrade I offered the clerk $20, but any other time we've usually been upgraded for free to either a Go room or a larger room. We've always said we prefer a bigger / nicer room over a view, and that seemed to help in our scenarios.

(Now that I've written this, I'm guessing we won't get upgraded at the end of the month. Hah.)

5. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Let's Go Pens!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What level are you with CET? Gold/Platinum/Diamond/Seven Stars?

6. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I don't think they have very many, that's the problem. Can't hurt to ask.. I went a few years ago and they asked if I wanted to upgrade for like $40 or something (It was a really slow time, and I had paid like $10 night or something ridiculous). I didn't do it though...

But, you can't ever count on upgrades you know? Sounds like you have a great room anyways I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just be friendly...

7. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everyone else seems to get better "upgrade deals" than we do. We upgraded to one of those suites 4 years ago. We paid $150 night at checkin to do so. We love 2 room suites and try to go with one if we can afford it. That trip we were staying in a low level room on a comp. You will find people who managed to get one for free or cheap but that is usually for 1/2 nights early in the week. Fri/Sat they are quite often already all taken by the higher rollers. Good luck maybe you will be luckier than us. At that time to book that suite ahead of time was over $300 night... We always figure if we can get a 2 room suite for $150 or less per night it is good...they go for a lot more to book ahead. 1.5 baths, fridge, coffee maker facing pools/garden.

We use to book the free room and upgrade wherever we went. Now we changed to mlife properties and just book whatever suite we can get for under $200 night. We like separate living room/bedroom, empty fridge and an extra bath is nice. We like to be comfortable and generally stay for 6/7 nights...we do spend 12 hours a day in the room and like to feel like we are at home. Only thing that suite doesn't have that others do is a seperate dining area with table and chairs.

8. DReynolds86

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How in the name of Odin's beard does one spend half the day in their room?

9. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DReynolds, old..out of shape, back/legs killing us from all the walking, run out of gambling money lol....we are usually in our room from 9 pm to 9 am...and out of the room the other 12 hours. We are also there for the week so have to pace ourselves.

10. DReynolds86

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That reminds me. I really should start up a Rascal rental business on Las Vegas Boulevard.

11. Vanessa24

Vanessa24 Tourist

We're just gold level.

12. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would it help if we suggested at checking that we would be willing to move back to the reserved Go room for Friday night?

13. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only upgrade I ever got at the Flamingo was from a Fab to the Martinique Suite. I was just lucky that I decided to check in late in the afternoon the day before some huge convention was about to start. All the Fabs were handed out already so I got bumped up for 3 nights, all comped.

That is pretty much your best chance at one of those rooms. Hope that it's busy and check in late.

14. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's be Martinique suite like?

15. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A very large living room/dining room with a kitchen/bar. One side master B/R and bath. Other side guest bath. 29th? floor right across from Caesars. I posted a few pics on my VMB page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.