1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best weeks for slow clubbing

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Dean Martin, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We don't go to the clubs so for all you that do, any idea what might be the best week for a somewhat slow time if that's a positive for us?

We're looking at the 3rd week of Aug which would be the week right "before" the week leading into Labor Day weekend or the second week of Sept. which is the week after the week that follows labor day.

Thanks! Dino

2. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or maybe the week leading up to Labor Day weekend would be slow(er) if we're checking out that Friday? I'd think most would use the Mon holiday and stay the following week if they stayed that long at all. Do a lot of people that come to town to primarily nightclub just come in on the weekend?

3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want a slower atmosphere it can always be found somewhere. The top tier clubs get packed on weekends and on their selected nights, but a lot of places have slow nights.

Weekends are busiest of course and yes, a lot of kids from Cali. drive in to hit pool parties and clubs.

What kind of atmosphere are you looking for and where are you staying or looking to go?

4. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ron - we're staying at Encore some Sat thru Fri and I know no matter what week we go it will be busy that first Sat night and probably the Thurs night before we go home on Friday. Just trying to figure out which of my weeks might be better the rest of the week but maybe it really doesn't matter? I know w/ XS, EBC and Surrender all weekends are hopping.

5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I can tell you this, after Labor Day Monday the city empties out!! I have gone two years out of the last three that week and we would arrive on Sat or Sun and party and then enjoy the quietness after that!

If you want a laid back atmosphere I would suggest Rose.Rabbit.Lie on a Sunday night. You can see the 1200 show and watch the place turn into a club. Very fun but chill environment.

6. SelfMade

SelfMade Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying at Encore the week after Cinco de Mayo and I noticed that all of the big name DJs are off-duty for that particular week (not jut at Encore but at all the major clubs).

7. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve noticed the same thing as The Captain during my Labor Day trips. Saturday and Sunday, it’s a madhouse. Then at some point Monday a switch is flipped and it turns into a ghost town.

I also think that the later in the year the better as far as avoiding the EBC. It’s still going to be going strong in September. But I’d be willing to bet that there is a noticeable difference between pre and post Labor Day weekend. Of course, you know my club expertise is about the same as yours, Dino, so take this as gospel at your own peril…:rolleyes2:

8. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Carve:thumbsup: You know, I'm sure the pool parties are a blast when your 20-30 but at 59 and damn near 60 I think my interests have waned elsewhere:peace: Hell, I'm just glad to still be kicking and loving Vegas!:poke:

Still, good info all in all. I was originally going to go that 3rd week of Aug but I'm thinking that 2nd week of Sept will be better. I'd guess the weekend after the Labor Day blow-out would be more likely to be slower than Aug since that's still technically summer and some of the schools haven't started yet.

Sept it is....thanks all:beer:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.