1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Quick Mccarran airport question

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Vegascash2, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegascash2

Vegascash2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flying out of Mccarran on a Saturday morning at 6:30 am. How early would you arrive at airport?

2. cartoonp

cartoonp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depending on if it long haul then it is 3 hours before your flight Short haul it 2 hope that helps

3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it depends. If there is a convention or something then best to get there early. It also depends on when the airlines open up their desk for check ins, some don't open their desk until 5 (depends on when their first flight leaves) so best to check with them first.

On non busy times (when no conventions or events) the line wouldn't be too long since it will only be taking care of those early flights but I would still give at least 2 hours to go through check in and security just in case. You never know if the process is slow that day.

but then I don't like to be rushed or late so am usually there way in advance of my flight.

4. The Equalizer

The Equalizer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Id get there at 5:30am and use curbside check in if checking bags any longer and you will be waiting at the airport for no reason.

5. mdlee3_46041

mdlee3_46041 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a 6:15am flight out of LAS a few weeks ago. I got to McCarran a few minutes before 5am. The check-in desks weren't open yet, but I wasn't checking a bag so it wasn't a problem for me. It did take a little longer to get through security though because they only had a couple lines open.

6. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On a usual Saturday, shouldn't be too bad on flying out. Should be safe with a 5-5:30 arrival to the airport. What airline?

7. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sorry I can't tell you anything because I cannot even comprehend the thought of leaving Las Vegas at 6:30 Saturday morning!

8. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always do AT LEAST two hours prior. We've had some early flights (6:30 a.m.) out of LV and a couple times we've stood in the security line for a good 45 minutes. We came home a week ago and last Monday we dropped SIL & BIL off for curbside check-in around 6:20 a.m. and the lines were VERY long.

9. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Do you have bags or going straight through security?

10. Jake&Avery

Jake&Avery Planning my next vacation!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive been quite surprised how busy & backed up the lines at McCarran can get - the last sister-only trip my sister thought we could just roll out of bed and hop through security and then onto a plane, but when we got there she was shocked by the huge lines that early in the morning...

and it was her first time in LV and I kept telling her, but sometimes people just don't listen...:evillaugh

11. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like to fly back in the afternoon. Flying east the day is pretty much ruined so I like to sleep a bit, have a leisurely breakfast, pack and check out and then get to the airport. Last year I had a 7am flight and I always want to be at the airport 2 hours before my flight, minimum. I don't believe it was on a Saturday and I checked my bags curbside and walked to security. There was hardly anyone there, maybe 6-10 people ahead of me. However, it can vary a lot depending on time of year,day, goings on in LV and so on. that is why I always leave to be there with a 2 hour window of time.

Jimbo338

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.