1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

3rd Annual March Madness in Las Vegas Opening Weekend/Bachelor Party

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by boudge7, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boudge7

boudge7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

This is the 3rd time a group I've known has headed out to Vegas for the opening weekend of March Madness. It will be my 2nd consecutive trip. Highlights of last year include, The Pub in Monte Carlo for basketball watching, bottle service at Tryst, Body English, and Surrender. This year happens to coincide with the bachelor party for my best friend from college. So far the plan is:

Wednesday
    Arrive around 8pm via Southwest direct from Denver

Pickup from Presidential Limo

Staying at Luxor all 4 nights

Straight to The Foundation Room at Mandalay Bay then to bottle service at Light

Thursday
    Where: The Pub at Monte Carlo- All you can eat/drink with satellite betting station from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Front row tickets to Carrot Top at 8:30

Musashi for a late dinner

(I wouldn't be surprised if we wound up going to some club)

Friday
    Where: Pure at Caesars Palace- Ultimate viewing party experience from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. VIP table experiences and an array of game day cuisine.

Rose.Rabbit.Lie late that evening

Saturday
    Nothing firm because last year we slept the entire day away but may hit up the pool if it's open

Sunday
    Flights depart around Noon

I thought it would be best to write up a little pre-trip that I can add to later rather than trying to document and remember everything after the fact.

2. slimmy28

slimmy28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a blast. Have fun! I have never done the first weekend and am jealous. Looking forward to hearing about your trip. Good Luck!

3. Shauncho

Shauncho Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man, I hope to run into you guys this weekend! Sounds like a blast!

4. boudge7

boudge7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just bought these stupid basketball net hats, so you'll know when you see us.

5. Shauncho

Shauncho Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hahaha, awesome! I'll keep an eye out for you guys. :beer:

6. bighead1970

bighead1970 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Make sure to swing on over to The Cosmo around 7:30 on Saturday night. Setting up a meet/drink/party fest starting over at the Book and Stage bar.

This will be my 13th straight MM opening weekend trip!

7. boudge7

boudge7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope to get a streak of 13 years going. Sounds like fun we'll try to get over there

8. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since this is the third annual bachelor party, what about the first two wives and does the third future wife know that you do this annually?:wink2:

9. Check-Raise

Check-Raise High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much were the front row seats for the carrot top show if you don't mind me asking? I'm very interested in seeing that show and it would be great to sit in the front row.

10. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Full rate is about $65 + tax. If you book online via Luxor's website more than 30 days out, you get 20% off. I think the MLIFE rate is 15% off of the $65.

Ive seen his show 4 times and have booked at all of the different rates at some point. I also have tickets in the front row for his show next Saturday!!

11. boudge7

boudge7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spot on hillwood24, getting ready now to head over for the show. We have already had a slight deviation from the outline plan in the original post. Light was a bust so we wound up at Beacher's Madhouse. One of the more bizarre experiences I've seen. Details to follow in as soon as I can. Also I'm having trouble loading pics via tapatalk from my phone so it will likely have to wait until I get home.

12. boudge7

boudge7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wednesday 3/19

Left Colorado Springs at 2:30 to meet up with the bachelor (Steve) our friend from college (Keith) and Steve's dad(Tom) in North Denver. Keith and I were on Southwest and booked well in advance of our trip expecting prices to improve and rebook, but that never happened. Wound up spending almost 2.5x the cost of a normal roundtrip flight. Steve and his dad booked for less on United and saved baggage fees by giving their suitcases to me to check for them . The future bride's dad (Scott) had a 3:30 flight whereas we left closer to 7:15. Future Brother-In-Law (Ryan) is a sports anchor in Casper, WY and would be joining us on Thursday evening direct on Allegiant.

There weren't many parking spots further away than the one we wound up with. Luckily the shuttle was quick.

[​IMG]

There are no other flights that have as much energy as those heading to Vegas during a big weekend and this flight was no exception. The flight attendants were kind and kept the drinks flowing. We landed on time and our Presidential Limo driver was right at the baggage carousel and luggage was coming off as soon as we walked up. Ours were some of the 1st few bags out and off we went to the Luxor to check-in.

We had booked four nights in the Pyramid with one night comped. They upgraded us to the West Tower and honestly was quite pleased with the room. Separate tub and shower, nice flat screen TV, the "closets" flanked both sides of the armoire that had the TV in it and had LED lights that came on when you opened the door.

I showered up and by 9pm we were out the door. I thought it would be fun to make the bachelor wear this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was a little payback from my bachelor party when he literally handcuffed a 16lb bowling ball to my leg.

Our first stop was the Foundation Room at Mandalay Bay. Apparently Scott got us on the list for some fundraiser that was running from 7-10pm, so we definitely caught the tail end if the event. We each enjoyed a couple cocktails and of course the view.

[​IMG]

They had a Gene Simmons impersonator and a Larry the Cable Guy the weren't half bad.

[​IMG]

Having not had anything to eat in about 11 hours we were starting to get hungry. The plan was to take advantaged of a comped bottle at Light so we knew something of sustenance would be needed. We opted for Citizens, where I was almost peer pressured into doing their 24 sliders in 24 minutes challenge. I saw it on the menu and opened my fat mouth and said "I'm so hungry I could probably do it". My friends jumped on that and we're offering me between 3-1 all the way up to 6-1 odds. I checked their wall of fame/shame and saw only 2 people had successfully done it and I didn't like those odds. I did enjoy the French dip, half of Scott's bacon burger and half of Keith's chicken sandwich, but was still confident I would have failed the challenge by a pretty sizable margin.

[​IMG]

The host told Scott Light was a sausage-fest and suggested Beacher's Madhouse instead. This is where things got crazy.

To be Continued...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.