1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Solo travel for females

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Snowbelle3, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the female solo travelers, what do you enjoy in Vegas? Is Vegas any harder or easier as a female trying to have some fun?

2. Canuckgem

Canuckgem Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been conscious of any difference in travelling as a solo female anywhere, but I do have a very independent and (dare I say it?) B*tchy attitude lol. I really enjoy Vegas because I've never been one for schedules and time clocks. Love being able to do what I want whenever I want.

3. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Somebody should write a blog about traveling solo to Vegas, male or female point-of-view.

4. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OMG! So loved traveling by myself! I had friends at other hotels to check in with but planned it this way! I found that people were more outgoing cause I was alone. Bartenders and taxi drivers were especially friendly. I booked all the best restaurants and ate at the bar, sat by the pool and did whatever I wanted to...it was awesome! I'm doing this again, but my only issue remains about the clubs, I want to a club this time but I'm reading a lot about people who were drugged and robbed, so I'm not sure if I'll go. Otherwise, I highly recommend it!

6. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am older (59) but enjoy traveling solo to Las Vegas. I play my slots early morning, then swim, play slots some more, lunch, nap, shower & dress, dinner and a couple shows. I've never felt unsafe, but I do sometimes feel a little lonely.

7. coralrush

coralrush Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am shameless when it comes to doing stuff solo. Especially love going to the spa alone and shopping. I don't mind restaurants (I bring along a book or ipad) solo. Shows I'll see solo too. I probably wouldn't go to a club solo, but I have gone to a duelling piano bar at night on my own (didn't really drink much though). It's nice, in a way, because you don't have to worry about what other people want to do and whether or not it matches up with what you like. And it's Vegas - people don't bat an eye.

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I have a business trip to LV I'll often have them fly me in a day early, or, I'll stay over the weekend if toward the end of the week. I love it! Never had any issues and never had a problem finding things to do. :)

9. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love doing the solo thing, don't have to worry about trying to keep anyone occupied or having differences in opinions as to what to do. I am also late 50s and being from the east coast I'm usually up waaay too early, that is when I get out and see things that may be a little on the crowded side later on and I get some slot play in also.
    I enjoy going to shows and don't have any problem being solo, same goes for eating at restaurants.
    I exclusively do the bus thing to get from points A to B to C and so on, that in itself is a form of entertainment LOL
    I also enjoy a couple nights downtown, everything is close and there is usually something going on at night.
    I am surprising me with a solo trip for my birthday in may...shhhhh ;)

10. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. theshaah

theshaah High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    98% of my trips are solo. Now I live here...and I'm solo....it's a lonely place when you're a local and don't have many friends.

12. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What ever happened to that LucyR gal? She could chime in on here and mention 56 times how shes a single-senior-solo-traveler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.