1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Can You Negotiate Corporate Offers? With Host?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by DeMoN2318, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have an offer from MGM for 3 nights in a Grand King, 2 tickets to KA, $100FP, and $200 RC

I have already seen KA...and this will probably be a solo trip so I dont need the tickets... I also dont need $200 RC.

So can I negotiate the offer with VIP services? Ask for $200 more in FP and no KA tickets? or maybe $400 more in FP and no tickets or RC?

Or should I contact a host, mention this offer and see if they can provide a "modified" offer?

Thanks for the input

2. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't think VIP could negotiate, but a host can. All they can say is no. I negotiated a host offer at MGM just a few days ago. His offer was 3 nights in a suite, $300 in FP and food/bev for 2. I wanted to stay in a terrace suite and wanted more FP, so he agreed to comp me one night in the terrace suite (I have enough EC's for the other 2 nights) $500 in FP and less food - $500.

3. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    VIP services won't "negotiate" with you...but a host will. It would change from a Corporate Marketing Offer to an offer based on your level of play though. If you have a weak recent history and the Corporate Offer is better than you would expect, then don't expect to have much leverage. However, if your play dictates, you can certainly cut back on the room, show, and room credit and get your host to increase the freeplay.

As always when dealing with a host, YMMV.

4. ABQJeff

ABQJeff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my experience you can probably turn your KA tickets into a limo ride back and forth from the airport. But that's about it.

5. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the input. I drive in from AZ so the airport limo does me no good.

I guess I will just email a host and see what happens...its not like I can do any WORSE than the corporate offer

6. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just from my experience, I have had horrible luck e-mailing hosts that I don't have a relationship with. I have always had better luck just calling and asking to speak to the host on duty. FWIW

7. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great advice!! Thanks Josie!

8. JimKnuckles

JimKnuckles Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can always negotiate with a host, but don't expect more free play because you're not going to use show tickets.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.