1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hugo's Cellar

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Starz22, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for a fine dinner... the bride wants steak. Another poster told me about this. Looked it up on the web....looks good! The women get greeted at the door with roses. Menu looks like it could please most pallets ...decent prices. Can anyone tell me about their experience here?

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's "old school" Vegas at it's best, IMHO. I love Hugo's for a solid and classy meal... great ambiance.

3. BigBirdyz

BigBirdyz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I really enjoyed our meals. I had the beef wellington and hubby had the filet with blue cheese melted in top. Raspberry lemondrop martini was super and a great value considering that you get a small carafe in an ice bucket to refill your glass 2x!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have nothing negative to say about Hugo's.

Another downtown option would be Andiamo Italian Steakhouse at the D. I went there a couple of times, and I thought that it was great.

I have not eaten at Vic & Anthony's at the Golden Nugget, but it gets reviews.

All of the above are downtown. Remember, if you are staying on the Strip, the taxi fare to the restaurant & back to your hotel may be about $50.

Best wishes for a memorable evening!

5. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Addendum: Vic & Anthony's gets GOOD reviews.

6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hugo's is a Vegas classic, great experience and food.

7. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can reap a 25% off discount on an entree by visiting a tix4tonight kiosk beforehand. All the locations offer the discount with the exception of the one in the 4Q's.

8. toothfairy

toothfairy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hugo's Cellar is one of our "must do's" when we go to Vegas. The food is very good and the ambiance can't be beat.

9. Texas Gramma

Texas Gramma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hugo's is old style Las Vegas elegance personified... their menu is online at the 4 queens website and there are lots of pictures on Trip Advisor and Yelp, etc.
    ---
    One of the best things... besides the ambiance and glorious food and service... is everything is included in the price... except for drinks... unusual at a fine dining establishment. Included with all entrees at no extra charge... bottled water, assorted warm breads and special cheese toasted lavosh. Intermezzo... Fruit sorbet to refresh the taste buds. Hugo’s table-side salad cart, vegetable de jour and choice of potatoes or wild rice. A finishing touch of white and dark chocolate dipped strawberries, apricots and baby figs... prices vary from $39 - $64 depending on your entree... or a waiter told me you can have everything but an entree by ordering the $16 table side salad... fine if your appetite is small or you want to share an entree.
    ---
    I do not know what age group you are in, but if either of you is 55 or older, go by the players booth and get 20% off at Hugo's. I have eaten there a number of times with other people and have even eaten there solo and been treated like a royal person... unusual for upscale restaurants and a single woman diner. Be sure to make a reservation... it's not a large establishment.
    I've never been disappointed in my meal. Hope it is a special meal for you and your bride!!!

10. jackincols

jackincols Guest

Texas Gramma,
    Do you know if that discount is for the entire tab (in our case, 3 people) minus drinks or just for 1 entree?

11. Texas Gramma

Texas Gramma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On their website, it say "20% off Hugo's, Magnolia's, Chicago Brewing (one entree per club 55 member)"... apparently each Club 55 member would be entitled to the 20%... anyway... every little bit off adds to the gambling budget. Also, I believe that you can use it at each place listed any number of times. But, I would check at the players club first... things are always changing... the cost is not at all prohibitive for fine dining. Look at their menu on the 4 Queens website... yum! yum!
    ---
    If anyone in your group has a birthday in the month you are visiting Las Vegas, the players club will give you a voucher for 2-1 meal in Magnolia's... not fine dining or atmosphere like Hugo's... but they do a good breakfast for a reasonable price.

12. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tell me, was the Wellington tender and juicy?

I've only eaten there once - both the Quad Queen and I had the Wellington and it was awful. Cooked right through and tough, tough, tough. But never having had it before... maybe that's how they make it?

13. TFK

TFK High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hugo's is excellent, and with the 25% off coupon you get at the Tix4Tonight booth, it's a good value for the quality of food you get.

My last visit there, I had the scallops, and it was the best meal I've ever had in Vegas.

TFK

14. BigBirdyz

BigBirdyz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was my first time having Wellington and after many years of seeing it on Hell's Kutchen, I knew i had to get it! I ordered it medium rare and contemplated rare because I was worried the baking part would over cook it. It was damn near perfect, juicy and thick truly med rare.

I don't know if all Wellingtons have foie gras with the mushrooms that layer between the steak and puff pastry but it was so good and added an element of creaminess. Yumm now having thought about it all over again, I'm drooling.....

15. jh46

jh46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to agree with Royal Flusher here. I went to Hugo's Cellar once, last Nov, and both my sister and I ordered the Beef Wellington. It looked good but I found the meat tough and bland, with little to no seasoning. The beef was cooked to medium rare as I ordered though. Overall, I was disappointed and doubt I'd ever go back.

16. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My SIL has decided to eat here after the wedding. Thanks to the posters here pretty much all the reviews are good. I'm excited to eat here. I spend time on Fremont St every trip...but never had a sit down meal there. Thank you to the poster who suggested it and to the rest, with the good reviews! Will give a write-up when I get back in June.:wave:

17. jackincols

jackincols Guest

Anybody had the seafood there? I've got my eye on the Chilean Sea Bass?????

18. TFK

TFK High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had the Chilean Sea Bass there, and it was very good. But as far as Seafood at Hugo's, like I said in the previous post, their Scallops were the best meal I've ever had in Vegas. Get them with a side of King Crab Legs.

TFK

19. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you get the 25%off at tix4tonight? How much does it cost and what do you say? I'm going to Hugo's tonight and want a coupon? Would love to get 25% off.

20. Oxygenator

Oxygenator Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I almost picked the scallops a couple weeks ago, but went with the crab stuffed shrimp, which were excellent. Next time, I will try the scallops.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.