1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lunch @ Estiatorio Milos: Best Deal In Town

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by thecarve, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I know I'm not breaking any new ground here...in fact I'm incredibly late to the party. But, in case I'm not the last person on earth to take advantage of this ridiculous deal, let me be the umpteenth person to urge you to get to Estiatorio Milos at Cosmo at your earliest convenience!

The food is delicious. The service is attentive but still casual and friendly. And the setting is gorgeous - light, open and very comfortable. It was - by far - the best meal I had in Vegas last weekend (and a fraction of the price of my disappointing meals at Mesa Grill and SW Steakhouse).

Run, don't walk, to Milos for lunch next time you're in town! (And try the lavraki.)

http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/pdf/menu/12.12.13.LUNCH%20MENU.pdf

2. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive read great things about Milos and will try it out. But I saw that you had a disappointing meal at SW. I have a reservation there in May so I hope you can say why you didnt enjoy it.

3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had some fantastic meals there in the past. In fact SW is one of my favorite steakhouses. So I'm going to chalk this one up to an uncharacteristically bad day for the kitchen.

I'm sure I'll give them another chance. But this was a big time miss and I was very disappointed.

As far as the reasons for my disappointment: Brussels Sprouts were nearly tasteless, mac 'n' cheese was bland, and my steak was drowned in pepper (seriously, I've had steak au poivre that was less peppery), way too fatty and tough. Oysters, wedge salad, au gratin spuds and creamed spinach were delicious, though.

4. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved it! I've been meaning to go back, but haven't had the chance. Just the ambiance of that place is worth it alone, it's so beautiful!

5. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any other recommendations off the Milos lunch menu?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  6. NCAAHoops

NCAAHoops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the post. We will be in town next week for the NCAA games. Although, I have read about the fantastic lunches they have there, I forgot about Milos in our options for lunch this trip. We were looking for a few additional places to eat at and this will be a fantastic pick. Thanks for the reminder.

7. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pay an extra 10 dollars and get the grilled octopus.

8. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    totally worth it (the octopus!)

first experience for lunch was 2011..awesome...
    second 2012, was still very good, but not like the year before...(they didnt offer the walnut cake for dessert..damn)
    didnt go in 2013..
    plan to go this year...

wondering if anyone has had dinner there? thinking of doing this for our "splurge" meal, instead of a steak house...

9. sunnyside

sunnyside Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dinner is also great, but expensive! Love Milos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.