1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Are you easy to please?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Snowbelle3, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Akin to that evergreen flameout around here regarding snob/slob?

I see no correlation between gradients in what people might "like" and whether or not they're fusty or forgiving. For example, I play a load of the best golf courses in the land, but about the most fun I've had, one of the best experiences I've had, was Terri and I playing mini-golf in September in Kilauea, Kauai.

If McDonald's chars your Egg McMuffin to a cinder do you eat it and with glee because it's "just" fast food or inexpensive?

2. jackincols

jackincols Guest

I get your point, BUT, to me nothing worse than getting a baked potato that's half done as the rest of your meal gets cold while a correctly done potato is brought to you. It simply ruins the dinner. And with the baked potatoes in Vegas being half the size of Idaho, this happens more than you'd think. So I've made it a habit of telling the waiter "Please be sure that potato is baked clear through.", when ordering. Hell, I can "dress" it myself.

3. touche22

touche22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I avoid this problem by ordering the garlic mashed :)

4. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Picky, sure, I'll admit it. But, I know where to set my expectations...
    If I get a coffee on the plane, I don't expect it to taste like coffee at Bouchon, but it can be damn good plane coffee, if I am at Bouchon, I expect more.

Will I go to the Excalibur or any hotel's food court and get Pizza...NO! Will I go out of my way to hidden joint or Five50...yes for sure...picky..I think so, but I like what I like!

Would I be happy with Johnnie Black over Jim Beam for comped whiskey, sure, would I be happier if it were Knob Creek or Macallan's yep! Would I be picky enough to find a place that comped AT LEAST the JW Black...yep! Picky!

Do I want my room to be clean, quiet and comfortable..yes...did I stay in a room with a dirty matress, beat up furniture, and a fitted sheet that didnt stay on at Flamingo...yes, did I complain, YES! did they clean a room at MC at 530am next to ours once, did Housekeeping play the radio loud while they did it, yes, did I complain, yes! (maybe thats not picky as the OP is looking for??)

Its about setting your expectations, if that is picky, I am guilty.

5. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The vast majority of "issues" one might have in Vegas, I am willing to shrug off. If my food isn't perfect or it took a bit longer than normal to come off, I can deal with it. If after maid service I notice some lint on the floor or a smudge on the mirror, it's not going to bother me.

The one thing I really can't stand tho, is being spoken to or treated rudely. I can handle politely aloof or distant, and my bar for what constitutes rude is fairly high, but if you are blantantly rude to me, we are going to have an issue.

6. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Give me beer and cards and I am good to go.

7. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need an empty craps table, a good steak, good dessert, and a comfy bed.

To really be happy throw in a red head, blond, and brunette, preferably naked and holding a frozen margarita. :wink2:

8. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm picky. I like nice restaurants and hotels with good service. However, I'm willing to pay for those niceties as well.

9. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I am easy to please, though I expect "friendly and helpful" from those with whom I interact. I'm not picky about things in the least and learned a long time ago the value of not sweating things outside my control.

10. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't ask for much. Just give me what I expect. I am a low maintenance person.
    Life is too short to worrying about shit that is really not important to the ultimate scheme of life. I give respect and I expect the same.
    But, you do not want to piss me off. I can get real nasty if you try to screw me.

11. Jameezy

Jameezy RIP Riviera

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup I like to keep things simple when in vegas. Give me a working room key to my room and just let me do my thing.

12. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I am. But I have my standards.

I dont get easily pissed off if certain things dont go right but I have some expectations for certain things.

13. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I am. Because I'm thankful for what I have. I'm thankful for my loved ones. I'm thankful to be healthy and to be able to live and love another day.

I'm thankful I can go to Vegas knowing others want to but cannot for various reasons.

I'm thankful I don't sweat the negative, minor stuff that engulf most people's lives. :thumbsup:

14. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mistakes happen. Even gross-scale mistakes.

The key to my happiness is apathy. If the service is genuine, it really doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't cost me (either in time or money beyond a reasonable expectation). If the service is indifferent...that's when I believe the mistake is a result of that simply not caring.

Don't ask why, but we ate at Outback last trip on the strip. My steak was horrible and I asked for a re-cook and it was done, and done poorly again. I'm not a steak snob despite LOVING steak. The server's response was so "Meh" that it ruined the meal for me with my family. I was footing the bill and you better believe she reaped what she sowed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.