1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Jean Georges - Aria

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by redsdog, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redsdog

redsdog Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Everyone

Ten weeks until Vegas - cant wait.

We normaly hit a good Steakhouse on the last night of our trip - the past couple of years we have done either Tender @ Luxor or StripSteak @ Mandalay Bay and have found both excellent.

Staying at Aria this year and was thinking about Jean Georges for our Steakhouse meal but been seeing some bad reviews on the internet.

Has anyone tried it or can compare it to either of the others we have been too - if not any suggestions for a great steakhouse in the Mlife group of properties.

Thanks

Reds

2. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there one and a half years ago, and although I thought the food was very good then, I wouldn't say it was my favorite steak in town, nor the worst.. (that honor goes to my rib eye at Delmonicos last winter). I thought the overall experience (and that is half of eating steak isnt it?) coupled with great food, was both StripSteak and my #1 fav..CUT (but alas OP that is in the Palazzo). I cannot comment on the other Mlife prop steak houses, but Mandalay Bay-Strip Steak..if you like aged, ask if they have anything not on the menu..I did and got a beautifully aged NY Strip that wasn't on the menu...talk about Umami!

3. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We go to Tenders, Gallagher's, Craftsteak, and Georges every trip.

I couldn't pick a favorite as they all have unique flavors and I enjoy them all equally.

4. Alhanalasa

Alhanalasa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I ate at both Tender and JG last trip, 1st time for both. I'd go back to either in a heartbeat. JG is pricier, but it was outstanding. Here's what I posted in my Trip Report, for more detail:

Tender Steakhouse at the Luxor: Had a myVegas reward for $75 off when spending $150. We started with a cheese plate - we got a goat cheddar, a blue and the truffle tremor goat cheese. The truffle cheese was nice goat cheese, but not very truffle-y. The other two were very nice. I had the heirloom tomato soup, M had the lobster bisque. Both very good. For entrees I wanted the wild game trio, but it wasn't available, so I had the lamb tasting. M had the 8-oz black angus filet. We didn't get any sides. For dessert, I had Grandma's old fashioned chocolate cake and M had creme brulee. The portions of the desserts were huge, even by Vegas standards. The creme brulee was as big as three portions anywhere else I've seen it. The cake was at least 2 slices worth. If you and your dining companion can agree on what to get, these are definitely sharable portions. M and I rarely are interested in the same things, so we don't split food much. Overall the food is very good, and for the price, it's a steal. The bill before the comp was $185 for all the above food plus 2 glasses of wine for me, a Guinness for M and coffee for each of us with dessert. That's just about what I would expect to pay for a dinner of similar quality here in NH. To me, that's a win, since normally the places we eat in Vegas are a lot pricier than what we can get here. If you can snag the myVegas reward, bonus! if not, check it out anyway. The atmosphere and service were impeccable, and it's an outstanding value.

Jean Georges Steakhouse - Aria: This was one of my favorite meals of all time. We've eaten at Prime at the Bellagio, so we had an idea of what we were in for, food wise. The atmosphere is of course different than Prime. JG steakhouse is edgier, and darker. The music sounded like club music, but wasn't loud enough to be distracting or anything. We were easily able to carry on a conversation. I started with the Burrata Mozzarella Salad, which was exquisite. M had the crab cake, which he found impressive. I had the 10 ounce dry aged NY strip, and M had the 8 oz filet (yep, he's pretty predictable). We got the Black Truffle Mac & Cheese for a side, and it was to die for. So creamy, with a nice crunchy layer on top and tons of truffle flavor. Writing this up is making me crave it again. For dessert we each got the strawberry rhubarb pie with pistachio ice cream. It's done in a small cast iron skillet, with a lattice crust and the ice cream on top. Holy cow, was this amazing! Not too sweet, and perfect for fall. M is hinting I need to find some of this individual sized pans and brush up on my lattice-crust techniques. With drinks and coffee, it was about $300 for the meal, on par with what I expect to pay for a nice dinner in Vegas. the server was great, lots of info on the menu, but not intrusive. I like the iPad for drinks and dessert. you select what you are interested in and show it to the server to actually place the order (or you can just tell him what you want). The 221B Baker St. style pattern on the walls and around the bar was a bonus, since I am, above all, a geek.

5. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

I like Tender and Stripsteak, but I enjoy Jean Georges more. Everything has been fantastic... tuna, snapper, steak, short ribs. It's a real gem that doesn't get much hype.

6. redsdog

redsdog Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheers Guys

Thats exactly the sort of feed back i was hoping for.

Definatly going to give it a try then.

I'll post up a report.

Cheers for the help.

Reds

7. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jean georges is good, but our waiter never offered the pre theatre menu and i asked for them, he turned into to a jerk after we both ordered off that :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.