1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Are you easy to please?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Snowbelle3, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you easy to please in LV? why or why not?

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, pretty much. Vegas is my happy place. I go there for good times and no drama. Sometimes there are problems and I can either let them ruin my trip or move on. I usually move on.

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas or anywhere, I'm kinda of the mindset I want to receive what I ordered/expected. I'm not going to go postal or suck up into a crying ball of goo if there's a snafu, but it seems kinda silly not to expect to get what you've requested and paid for, no? Is that easy or not easy?

4. tallgunner

tallgunner Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most definitely.

I usually take solo trips to Vegas, it's my escape from the world. So, I have nobody to answer to but myself, I come and go as I please, I eat what I want, when I want. I could be bombed by noon, and sleep it off for the evening round two....

It does not get any simpler or better than that...

5. dglen

dglen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am the same as Ken, I expect to receive what I pay for. My expectations are much different when I go to SW at Wynn vs The Cheesecake Factory for example. I don't make a fuss if I don't receive what I expect in food or service, I just won't go back to that establishment again.

6. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just enjoy life. Take things as they come. You might not get another crack at them and at worst you have a funny story to tell people.

7. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At first thought I figured I was easy to please but on second thought I realize I am not. With food, I am difficult to please. Granted, I can enjoy mcds or sinatra. That is because I find both tasty. However if my food at any establishment is not as anticipated, I will send it back. I will definitely send it back and ask for a new one. I am picky about my food but not picky about an establishment unless it has food that I typically do not like.

For hotels, I must now stay on the strip. However I will not stay at a hotel with a room decor that I do not like. For example, I would stay in Excalibur upgraded room over Bellagio standard because I like the room decor in the former but not the latter. I would stay in Wynn or Palazzo over Bellagio for the same reason. I would also choose Quad standard decor over every standard decor in all of CET except for rio ipanema which is cute. Ballys standard is nice now too.

The reality is that most shows in Vegas do not impress me. But the few that do I continue to return to.

As a happy low roller, it would seem that I am easy to please but if you look deeper I am quite selective and few things impress but when they do I am super gungho.

8. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    or maybe I am confusing having preferences with being difficult to please....

9. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All I need is Fat Tuesday and a Slot machine or a Craps Table.
    This is pretty easy in Vegas.:beer::beer:

10. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Simple times and low expectations is all I prepare for when going to Vegas.

11. SW

SW Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd like to think so. If I feel wronged, which hasn't happened in Vegas yet, I generally will not say anything and just move on.

12. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends.. I guess. I'm pretty agreeable. I usually end up being the one that spearheads any trips to Vegas, people trust my opinion.

In Vegas I always expect high value, and I usually get it. I hate when I spend $500 on show tickets, and the show is terrible. Or $300 on a meal and it's less than stellar. Just like I know I can spend $39 to stay at Mandalay Bay on certain days, so I'll probably never spend $200 to stay there. You do throw around money in Vegas... I don't want it to be wasted (except on gambling haha)

13. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am easy to please, but have major stomach issues so it can look like im not. I also expect good service and can come across as a witch if people try to pull one over on me. I am a manager & a server, i hear it all. I have also worked in a hotel so i know what to expect and what i should be getting. I do not ask for much, most of it is common sense.

14. Shauncho

Shauncho Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm happy as long as the drinks are flowing, the tables aren't packed, and the boobs are huge and plentiful. Those are my only expectations...other than that I could care less.

I'll eat gas station sushi with a hobo if it's proposed to me in the right way. I'll sit next to the stinky guy that talks to much as long as he doesn't take my 10. I'll bang the ugly chick that's missing a leg as long as she can at least stick the remaining one behind her head.

When i've got nothing left but memories and stories...I'd prefer to be able to tell the funny ones instead of all the times I was too busy trying to make life 'perfect' to have fun.

15. jackincols

jackincols Guest

As long as they give me every single thing I ask for, I'm very easy to please.:evillaugh

Seriously, the only "must have" request I need is a room close to the elevators. COPD makes those long walks down the hallways a no-no. I don't care if the view is of the parking garage with the eastern mountains in the background. I already know what the Strip looks like.

16. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only time I boiled over about shiddy service was at BLT Burger. I got my money back except for the milkshake, which was great. The rest of the time, I'm as mellow as a clam. (Snicker)

17. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as no restaurant overcooks my rare steak, I'm easy to please. If they do, it gets sent back.

Everything else I can handle and usually don't complain.

18. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know. Here's what I expect. You decide:

Las Vegas is about rewarding excellent service. Know your job and do it well. Be timely but don't rush yourself or me. Be pleasant- even friendly, but not gushy. Keep your promises. If you can't or won't do something, say so, no hard feelings. Treat me with the same respect and attentiveness you would give to a wealthy player. If you do these things, I will respect you back and tip better than some wealthy people you've worked for.

19. touche22

touche22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Years ago I was a waiter at a fine dining steakhouse (not Vegas) and believe it or not I had more customers send back and more worried/upset about whether or not we had dressed their .99c baked potato rather then the doneness o their $50 steak lol

20. cartoonp

cartoonp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love vegas and I love Florida in vegas I just love walking the strip and seeing the many crazy things that happen there're I all so like a little gamble maybe the slots or poker I use to play 21 but not a lot I all so love everything about Florida .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.