1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Airport Tram from D gates to E Gates

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by antwanc1992, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antwanc1992

antwanc1992 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all. I'm new to the board here, so sorry if this has been answered in the past.

I am going to Vegas with 2 of my cousins. 2 of us are flying in together into the D gates. The third is arriving at E gates. Both flights are scheduled to arrive within 10 minutes of each other. We want to meet up before heading to the hotel. I know that there is a tram connecting both terminals. Does anyone where in the E gates, the tram to D gates in located?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With all your planning, the other half will get there later or earlier. Why not just meet up in baggage claim?

Oops... in looking at the map, I am not sure what I am talking about.

3. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you planning on checking luggage? If so, you will find it hard to meet up without someone taking some type of exterior shuttle from Terminal 1 to 3 or vice versa. They used to have one, but I'm not sure if it is still in operation.

All trams are past security, and the E gates are in Terminal 3. The D gates are in Terminal 1. If you are on United and and arriving into the D gates, your luggage will be delivered to Terminal 3, however.

If you do not have any checked luggage, you can meet up easily. The trams are quick and painless to use. Terminal 3 tends to be much less busy than Terminal 1.

4. antwanc1992

antwanc1992 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks BlueSkadoo, its a guys weekend, so no we won't have checked luggage. Do you happen to know where in Terminal 3 the tram is located? I know where it is at D gates. Just want to be able to direct the 3rd party where to meet us.

5. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The tram from E to D is down a set of stairs/escalators near security. You have to pay attention and make sure you don't exit security. I believe they've added signs since the terminal first opened to help direct you. I also think you can use the elevator to get to the lower level.

Going from D to E, you go down the big escalator and walk straight forward. It will be in front of you.

6. Robag

Robag Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just did the tram from E to D and back for shits and giggles. The tram is located between gates E7 and E8 down a couple sets of escalators. Coming over from D gates, you will have to take an elevator up if you plan on staying in the secure area, otherwise, you will stay on ground level and head out of the terminal.

7. antwanc1992

antwanc1992 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perfect, thanks for the help guys!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.