1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MB-do they allow drinking in open areas??

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by sweetcanadian, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many tourists seem to think it's OK to drink anywhere on the street...saw a couple down Flamingo walking across Flamingo at Audrie from the place that sells cheap beer in the strip mall over to the Sports Book entrance at Bally's. They were drinking beers walking across the street. I assume that "The Strip" doesn't extend that far down Flamingo and that they'd have at least gotten a warning if the cops came across them down there with liquor on the street..

2. mgill1974

mgill1974 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Open containers are allowed on the Strip and Fremont Street Experience.

Local law

3. dalej42

dalej42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to Mandalay Bay numerous times and I've stayed there one. You can bring drinks pretty much into any area. I'll assume the aquarium may be off limits, but you'd need a ticket to get in and with numerous children and strollers, you wouldn't want a drink for the short time you're inside should you decide to visit.

In general, sitting down at hotel bars with outside drinks is ok if you're finishing up that drink and intend to order your next drink there is ok. I wouldn't push this on a busy night, though.

Most pools are pretty much fanatical about outside drinks. It is highly unlikely that you'd be able to get anything besides a bottle of water into the pool area. I wouldn't even try a bottle of water except in the slowest of days during shoulder season.

Most retail stores won't allow drinks for the obvious reason of spillage. They don't want to clean up a vodka cranberry dumped on a row of T shirts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.