1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tr 2/27-3/2

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by BigBirdyz, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBirdyz

BigBirdyz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

This was my fourth trip to Vegas in a 15year time span. Last trip was 3 1/2 years ago and stayed at the Luxor. Prior I had stayed at Bally's and NYNY. Hubby is 41 and I am 37 just for perspective. I bought the trip for my husband's Christmas present with the idea of going on his birthday to do the Richard Petty Driving Experience at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. It was a long wait from Xmas to the trip and I spent a lot of time on this message board and every other Vegas thing I could get a hold of!

Decided on a Rush Tower room at the Golden Nugget, wanted to try the "downtown" experience. Flew Spirit out of Portland and was not impressed. The tickets were not that cheap and it is a bare bones Airline. Lucky it is a short flight! Room was very nice and large size. Overall really enjoyed the whole hotel.

Fremont street gets a lot of criticism and I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I was prepared for the homeless, the costumed freakshows do that did not phase me and found the people watching to be half of the fun. We really enjoyed the bands playing through the weekend also. I also thought it was cleaner than I expected. Overall I would equate it to going to a dive bar. I like a good dive just as much as a fancy joint. And sometimes a dive bar is more fun!

Highlights:
    Hangover slot - hubby finally found a machine that he loved to play and it loved him back as well! We played that everywhere we went.

Hugo's - loved the old vegas feel and food was very good.

Absinthe - at Caesars Palace. Excellent show and so glad that was the one we saw.
    Richard Petty Driving Experience - expensive but not something my husband had ever done and he loved it.

Lowlights:
    Drunk guy at the Golden Gate vomited at the roulette table. Covered his mouth with his hand and proceeded to spray it everywhere on the table, my husband and a bank of machines. Hubby was PISSED!

Food at Serendipity at Caesars was the worst! $77 for some piss poor food. We would have done better going to McDonalds.

Overall was a great trip. Took me all week to recover and catch up on my sleep as I only slept about 16 hours over the the nights! Also my phone tracked my walking at almost 20 miles! A fair portion in heeled boots! Ouch!

I hope its not another 4 years before my next trip. I may start lookingfor a concert that will bring us back sooner and we'll be staying up on the strip again. Cosmo or Caesars Palace....

2. BigBirdyz

BigBirdyz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you had a great time!! Thanks for sharing....

4. touche22

touche22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many nights to walk 20 miles? Who needs a gym membership

5. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report!

Thanks!

6. AOchoa95

AOchoa95 Low-Roller

Nice! Quick, short and to the point. Thanks!

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing!!! Glad you had a good time!!!

8. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report, I like things to the point. Glad you had a great time!

9. bighead1970

bighead1970 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.