1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

M resort Studio B buffet?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by trellaine, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trellaine

trellaine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there anyway to get a line pass for this buffet? I will be staying there a few nights. I will ask upon arrival but is there another way?

I am just assuming its a busy place?

Thanks

2. craiger122003

craiger122003 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is always busy. Its a good buffet. Only high play or a inside contact will get the line pass. As a local I used to get it and free buffets for minimum play. Then the word got out, they really do a good job.

3. exds

exds Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We planned to use our bogo in the past and changed our minds when we saw the line. Last trip we made sure to get in line early but it was still about a half hour wait. If we got in line 10 minutes later we would probably have to wait an hour. If you don't mind eating early get in line soon after they open. It was worth it.

4. trellaine

trellaine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lineups

Only want to try the buffet as I am staying there. And heard its pretty decent.

Is Prime Rib served during lunch?

And I guess I will see how the lines are and go from there.

Personally I don't think very many things are worth waiting in a long line :p but thats just me.

5. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I was there I was in the comp line, by myself. There were 2 clerks checking in people and they both had their backs to me seating paid customers. Sorry, but that is unacceptable. I stood there no less than 15 minutes and they did see me waiting. I will keep going back, however- their buffet is still one of my favorites.

I have said on here previously I would stop even going out to the M, tight machines and no poker room, plus I hadn't received a free buffet in awhile, but they are sending them again. I like landing around noon and running out there and eating and playing for awhile, then it is time to go back into town and check into my room. Timing is usually perfect.

6. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sunday is a great day to go out, if comped. Its seafood and its normally a $40 buffet even at lunchtime

7. Okie21

Okie21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went at 1:30pm on a Thursday and waited less than 5 min to be seated. This was in December tho.

8. trellaine

trellaine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No breakfast beginning Monday

As of this coming Monday Studio B is no longer serving breakfast buffet. :(

I guess they aren't making money. :(

I am going to try a few mom and pop breakfast places.

9. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Poker room is closed now, machines are tight, room comps suck, and they are out in the boonies. Love the place, its clean and people are great, but they better change a few things or they will close. Sad, but true.

10. trellaine

trellaine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm could be. Not a good sign when a business loses things and doesn't replace them.

Oh well I have always wanted to stay here. Heard good things up until your post and mine lol

Good rates and keeps me away from the noise of the strip.

I like trying new hotels each time I go.

11. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wonder if Hash House would have stayed around if management made this decision four months earlier?

I don't think their breakfast buffet will be missed much. It was decent, but certainly not worth driving halfway to California.

12. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think HHAGG was a good fit even without competition from the buffet. The crowd there in the morning seemed to be a traditional fare crowd requiring traditional portion sizes.

13. jackincols

jackincols Guest

Like his dad with Rio, I loved M when the son first built and owned it. Sad to see these private owners sell out to a big corp. that turns it into a place to avoid instead of a place to go to.

That said, and back on topic, just me, but I'm hard pressed to find any buffet that's decent for breakfast. Maybe Paris years back or the Grand Lux's breakfast buffet (if they still do a breakfast buffet)?

14. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Grand Lux still does the breakfast buffet, and it's pretty good, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.