1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Club suggestions

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Avsman17, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avsman17

Avsman17 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I've overused dozens of threads about clubs and what for who etc but I need a bit of advice.

Me: 32 male, 270 pounds, not in shape but not sloppy. Well dressed but not Louis Vuitton and not blowing hundreds (or thousands) on bottle service

travel companion: 26 female. In good shape. Nice body but not perfect. Not a hot dresser but sure we can put something on her to look good.

She desperately wants a vegas club experience. My first trip I went to the old studio 54 at MGM and got bottle service with a friend who paid. It was fun but I got the impression we weren't gettin in with a table.

We are on strip Monday night to Wednesday night. Is there a decent club in town we are likely to get into without hours in line? Looking for south strip preferably but willing to can if necessary. Staying at luxor and MGM.

Any advice appreciated

2. BlackEight88

BlackEight88 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What kind of music do you like? EDM, or hip-hop?

3. Avsman17

Avsman17 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty indifferent. It's the chics night so I'm just along for the ride. She wants "to go clubbing". Rolls eyes

4. BlackEight88

BlackEight88 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What dates are you going to be there? Since you are going to be there Mon-Wed night: XS for Monday and LIGHT for Wednesday.

Get pre-sale tickets on www.wantickets.com for quick/painless entry to the club.

XS is big, and has an inside and an outside section with pools and a outdoor gaming and LIGHT is a huge room with massive LED screens for visual effects, along with cirque de solil (Sp?) dancers performing tricks/stunts from the ceiling all night long

5. QuaDxAceZ

QuaDxAceZ High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    definitely XS or Light. XS is one of the best clubs you will find anywhere, its well set up and just gorgeous. XS usually brings in top DJ's so it gets crazy packed in there. The visuals at Light are pretty awesome, its not really like any other club experience you will find

6. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you dont want to deal with the glitzy trendy crowd but still want the club experience just hit LAX in Luxor.

You will get passes when you check in. Ladies drink free till midnight.

7. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel your pain. You don't want some ***** bouncer deciding whether you are good enough to get in, especially if they insult your girlfriend. I'm a 40 year old attorney, the LAST thing I want is some big box of rocks telling me that my dress isn't short enough. Keep in mind, I haven't gone into a club. But I would suggest buying a ticket, go on the weekday, and make a plan with the girlfriend, like "if the line is around the corner, and we don't want to wait an hour, we will go to this lounge instead, where there's a dj and we can dance." If this does end up happening I would get 10 people together for the next trip and split the bill on bottle service then you know for sure you'll get in!

I have an attorney friend, who is almost 40, average looking, short and I saw a fb pic of her at XS and when I saw her in court weeks later I asked her about how her wait was etc. She explained that she gets a table with 10 people so it's not that expensive, she can sit, and they don't have to wait to get the thumbs up from some bouncer.

Go luck, for the record, I might take this on as a mission, can a 40 year old average, married women saunter into a club, wearing skinny jeans (not a band aid dress) with little or no wait? I have a REALLY thick skin, but I can at least post my experiences for those who wonder the same thing!

8. BlackEight88

BlackEight88 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i've seen grandmas and grandpas at the nightclubs and dayclubs, its not tough to get in at all when you prepaid for entry with tickets ...

9. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Grandpas at day clubs!!!

10. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a misconception that you wont get in on the way you look... not as cool lookin or model type. Throw all that out the window guys.

Avsman and Michelle, that stuff doesnt happen in Vegas. There are 4000 people walking into each of the top clubs most nights. They arent small clubs that fit 200 people and all difficult at the door. They will let anyone in as long as you pay the door fee and look presentable for the occasion. No one cares what you look like.

Vegas isnt as pretentious as you all think. Go out there, have fun and enjoy yourself.

And Michelle, there are alot of women your age and older at these clubs. Its not uncommon every night. I'm late 30s and I frequent vegas and LA clubs almost every week. I dont act or look like the stereotypical person my age is suppose to be so that helps, but I've never thought my age to make me feel out of place in these clubs.

11. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Foundation Room and Mix

13. chekraze

chekraze Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    better to know what kind of music gf likes and plan accordingly.

you'll remember the trip for awhile so make it a great night. i still remember our first night of "clubbin'" at a proper Vegas club and still brings a smile to my face. I also remember the night after at another major club where we didn't have a table. Not at all the same experience.

if you can somehow swing finding some cool people to go in with for a table it can make your night.

14. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.