1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sofabed at Rio Premium rooms?

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by wpete, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if the Rio Premium rooms sofa is a pull out bed? My travel arrangement may change and instead of canceling my current reservation and trying to get 2 comped rooms, a pull out would work just as well. I'm going to try the $20 trick (actually $50) and see if I can get one of their better suites for the 4 nights.

2. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a premium room last October in the IP tower, no pull out sofa but I'm not sure if that's the case in every room. Just give them a call to be sure.

BTW, I get there a day before you, I'm going to get the last available upgrade, you'll be out of luck :)

3. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Vic. I usually make a mental note of what rooms do have pull out sofas and I'm coming up blank on the Rio, so I'm thinking they do not pull out. Last night I checked to see if I could score a comped room with just my players card and I could, Then checked if my wife could and she could. So if I have to we can just book 2 rooms at a few properties, Rio, Ballys, Flamingo and Paris.

BTW, The check in clerk is going to take one look at that bird on your shoulder and rebook you at the Flamingo.

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Then I'll make her disappear.

5. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 .

6. warpdrvr

warpdrvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are staying at Rio in June. Is there any difference in the room between a Deluxe and a Premium suite besides the view?

Would I have any luck asking for a pool/strip view (or any upgrade) in the Ipanema tower if we have a deluxe booked? We are checking in on Sunday, so that's a plus...

7. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is no difference between a Deluxe and Premium suite. The Deluxe has a mountain view and the Premium has a strip/pool view. I've stayed at Rio many times and have always been upgraded from Deluxe to a Premium in the Ipanema Tower by just asking nicely... Odds should be in your favor since you're checking in on a Sunday... Good luck!

Charlie

Annual Golf Trip
  8. billyinpg

billyinpg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We booked a Samba suite in the masquerade tower last Oct and it did definitely had a fold out couch. I don't know if the bedding was folded up into it or not. I am just happy I didn't end up sleeping on it one night. :evillaugh

9. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As quapoxxx mentioned, the Premium rooms have a better view of the Strip. I used the sandwich, mainly because i had 5 comped nights. Here was my pool/strip view from the 8th floor of the Ipanema Tower:

Attached Files:

10. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Billy. I'm gonna call Rio and ask about the Premium rooms.

11. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used a sandwich too to get the premium room, also 5 nights. It's not a hard upgrade to get without the sandwich though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.