1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET - NYE rooms....wow!!

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by sybgal, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our grown kids want us to go to LV for NYE this year. Not sure if it might be too crowded & crazy for us old folks but are thinking about it. So, I checked CET room rates and it looks like hubby & I can get several hotels for about $110 total for a week. Think I will check again after our MM trip since we play heavily in LV, maybe we will be comped (we always are & haven't paid for a room for many years). You vets who normally go for NYE....is it busy just for a few days or will the whole week be crazy? Can't believe we can stay a week for only $110 for that major LV holiday.....

2. PSM

PSM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You must play significantly more than I do because I'm not getting anywhere close to those rates for weeks around that time at ANY of their hotels including Quad.

I say book while it's cheap!

3. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am getting very good comps those days as well. I have no interest in going for NYE but if I did, I'd be booking now just to have it in there!

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We go to LV for MM in less than 3 weeks....since we play so much...think may wait till we return to see if they offer comped.....our kids have them comped and don't play as much as us.... I am Diamond, daughter is Plat so I guess her daily average is more since it is more concentrated to 1 day when she does go to the boat. But, will see if we REALLY want to go for NYE.....

5. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would definitely wait. I tanked my ADT towards the end of last year (2013 started with $500 FP offers, now I'm down to $50 or $100) and I'm still seeing a week comped at NYE for all except the Cromwell, Ceasars and NOBU.

The other thing you might ask your daughter is if she had any invites to NYE parties last year. Not sure if it is your thing, but I had a bunch of those sent out last year too, so you might want to wait and see what comes nearer the time and pick a hotel that way.

6. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New Years Eve is in the middle of the week this year, so while it will still be very busy its probably not going to be a total sellout like it would if NYE was a Friday or Saturday.

As for busy: it will start getting busy on the 30th and thats when you will see the city putting up its barricades and getting things ready for New Years Eve. On the 31st in the afternoon is when it will start getting noticeably busier and then around 6PM-ish is when its going to start getting crazy.
    After that it really quiets down fast. It will still be busy on the 1st but you will notice that its going to get quieter and quieter as the day goes on and the next few days will be back to normal.

7. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I are just CET Gold card holders and we can get comped rooms NYE, except for the resort fee of course.
    I failed at inserting a pic of the details, but the 29th through the 2nd were comped.

8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why wouldn't you book it now? Having the reservation already booked won't affect whether or not you end up being able to get it fully comped.

And that way, you're covered in case you can't.

9. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I come my friends card with mine, we come up fully comped for every hotel except Cromwell and NOBU. Ive never been to Vegas NYE....I think Id end up dead in the gutter somewhere.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.