1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The worst thing about this horrible winter weather

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by mikenhe, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    is that when I go to vegas in March its colder than here in florida.

81f today

suck it up buttercup..

10 days..

2. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is 15 degrees below zero here tonight; don't even ask me what the wind chill is. This makes 5 days in a row where the temp has been below zero, and this will make close to 50 days this winter (from Dec 1) that we have had negative temps. It didn't even make it above zero today. I leave for Vegas in 7 days..can't wait to get out of this winter Hell. The ground frost level is so deep (6-8 ft) that many people are having their water lines freeze up. I will happlily take some 70 degree temperatures. It's the 5th coldest winter on record in southern Minnesota. Uff Da.

3. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Best thing about the freezing winter conditions is being able to watch it on TV from sunny California.

[​IMG]

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm just getting worn down. We shoveled the driveway on Saturday & Sunday morning because there just didn't seem to be enough snow to justify firing up the 8 hp snowblower, but there was enough to not ignore. Plus we need exercise, it's been a long winter. OK fine.

Wake up this morning and it's -14 F (actual) and snow coming tonight and tomorrow morning according to Accuweather. The winter from hell continues!:cry:

Whomever gave it the name "global warming" should be shot, but it is climate change.:poke: Droughts in the West, record snow in the East. Terrible cold/snow here in the Midwest.

5. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll take a little snow and cold any day over floods, fires, hurricanes, earthquakes, mudslides and tornadoes. In a few weeks the snow and ice will be gone and no property or bodily damages done.

Besides, here I can walk on water and ice fish all I want :)

6. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That right there is the reason i stay in the middle of Canada among other reasons. We did have the worst floods of the century though in 2009 & 2011.

We were at -38 Saturday night without windchill, almost -50 with and i was telling a customer who is a truck driver (i waitress at a diner on the side) that i couldn't wait to go to Vegas as it will be much warmer. He said it will be cold there and that there is snow there right now(not sure if that is true, just repeating verbatim). I laughed and said look outside, anything is better than this lol.

7. eisen7979

eisen7979 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well said. This has been a ruthless winter! At least you are in the 7 day countdown to Vegas!

8. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. dglen

dglen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am really getting tired of the cold weather, here it is March 3 and it's still -30! Still have a long way to go until Vegas (April 20). Hopefully the cold will be over soon but unfortunately we are just starting the spring snow season.

11. exds

exds Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man its cold here in hawaii tonight. 68 degrees! Need another blanket.

12. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's more like it!!!

gonna be 79 today.. acceptable.

if you have cold weather - theres already 154 threads about that in this forum.. this is for serious stuff...:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.