1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bally's Questions.

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by waverunner, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked Bally's a couple of months ago for a stay in May. I'm comped for 5 nights Sun-Fri. However, i have now noticed that i have Fri-Sat at Bally's comped as well.
    But i tried various scenarios to try and re-book Bally's for 7 nights May 9-16 but no such luck. Should i:

1. Keep my current reso for May 11-15.
    2. Change my reso to May 9-13.
    3. Try to book Bally's May 9-15 over the phone.
    4. Keep my reso May 11-15 and then book Harrah's 9/10.

Or, perhaps re-book Bally's online using May 9-13 and then using the sandwich when checking in to use towards the extra 2 nights Wed-Thurs?
    Using my sandwich not to upgrade my room but to add 2 nights to my room stay.
    I realize the 7 nights would be totally comped, but then again, i am tipping the clerk as well as spending my money for the extra days on their property they ordinarily wouldn't get.
    Has anyone done this on comped rooms and adding 2 nights also on comped rooms?
    Correction:
    I would re-book Bally's online for May 9-13 and then book Harrah's online for May 14-15 even though my reso states i already have those dated booked........but my reso states that i have Bally's booked for 5 nights, not Harrah's.
    I want stay at CET properties for 7 nights instead of 5.......i have 5 nights already booked, why are they making this so difficult if i want and extra two nights comped?
    They are getting plenty of money from me anyways considering my gambling money is not spent at Milife or anywhere else.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  2. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the Max they'd go is 5 ?
    I personally wouldn't book same res adding Non-comped nights, cuz wouldn't you be opening yourself up to resort charges on fee nights?
    I've had that bite me in the butt elsewhere, but haven't tried it with CE cuz I don't stay there over 5.
    I'd keep what you have and add add'l comp nights elsewhere.
    If you can't go over 5 comped, the sandwich probably won't help.

3. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want to extend your stay, try calling. However, odds are they won't let you comp more than five consecutive days. You will probably be best of adjusting the reservation to cover the weekend so if you have to pay for a couple nights, they will be cheaper weekdays. As for the $20 trick, I don't think they can just arbitrarily comp you like that. They would probably extend you for whatever that day's rate and steer you to a host.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea.... pick another hotel for a change of pace.

Or just call. They might take care of you.

Side note... if you had Mon-Wed booked (for example) and tried to book Thursday, the computer will NEVER, EVER let you do it. It thinks you are double booked on Thursday. You can to call in even for that.

Reason: Check out thursday on the first reservation shows you are there Thursday. A second booking looks like a double.

5. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks nostresshere.
    I will probably re-book for May 9-16, however, i have a dilemma. My original booking 11-16 is North Tower Deluxe which i want (i had Deluxe in Nov. which has a sofa chair, classic does not). But if i re-book 9-16, the two days (Wed-Thurs) will be $60/$53 for Deluxe and $40/$33 for classic. What if i booked 7 nights Classic and then do the sandwich to upgrade to Deluxe?
    I considered Milife but the cheapest is about $69 each night. I checked Gold Coast with my card and i can get 2 nights for $35 each, but that's about the same as Bally's Classic.
    I decided to stay 7 days instead of 5 (which i normally do) because i'm going to Hawaii in August, so instead of hitting Vegas 3 times this year, i plan on going to Vegas 2 times this year but a total of 14 days instead of 10.
    I suppose i can just book a classic room and instead of the sofa chair i can use the chair with arms and use the foot bed instead.
    I have some mobility issues and the sofa chair was perfect, but where there's a will there's a way, and saving about $40 is helpful.
    So the total for 7 nights with resort fees would be about $210 or about $30 per night.

6. buffalo

buffalo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If CET sees you have an existing reservation, it won't let you get the final price if you want to make a change, frustrating isn't it?

Caling is your only option. The risk of canceling and rebooking is you're not sure if you can get what you think because of the problem noted above.

Paying for the weekdays may be cheaper than the weekends so maybe they can switch your comped days to the weekend and you can pay for a Sun-Mon.

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET will only give you 5 nights max up front online.

1. Without logging in check the availability calendar and verify that the last 2 nights are cheaper than the Fri and Sat of your 7 night stay, and see the rates for all 7 nights.

2. Cancel your existing reservation.

3. Book a new reservation starting May 9. The availability calendar should allow you to check the boxes for all 7 nights and then show you a price, which should be equal to what you saw in Step 1 for the Wed and Thurs rates.

4. By default, when you're eligible for 5 comp nights and want to stay more, the online system makes the first 5 nights comped and the rest paid. It also won't let you book a single reservation with a gap in the middle (ie to try to reserve the 5 most expensive nights as the paid ones). If Weds & Thurs are not the cheapest nights, I imagine if you called, they could arrange a reservation where you pay for the 2 cheapest nights.

The rest of your posts had too many contingencies to try to figure out.

The front desk is not going to comp you two additional nights for a tip of any amount.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  8. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chuck is spot on. No more than 5 nights. Even with a host its hard to get. Pay for your cheapest 2 nights and they may get compd on the back end.

9. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys for everything.
    @chuck.......i tried doing that and for that week (not logging in) every day is much more expensive. But Wed-Thurs nights were the cheapest compared to Fri-Tues, using my calender, Wed-Thurs. was also cheaper.

Here's what i did:

I modified my current Reso from 5 days to 7 days. I re-booked for May 9-16. The first 5 days are comped (Fri-Tues), the last two days @ calender rate (Wed @ $40-Thurs @ $33). My total balance with resort fees + tax is $238.
    Or 7 nights @ $10.42 per = $73 + $25.56 taxes + $20-per resort fees @ $140 = $238.

I have always (well, at least since the 80's), stayed from Sun-Fri, never weekends, but for the reasons i stated before, and the opportunity to have a comped weekend plus 3 nights comped, and staying for two extra days with heavily discounted rates for $10.42 per night is incredible. I realize that if i got a TR Visa card i would pay practically nothing with the absence of resort fees, but i prefer to use cash as much as possible and upon check out i will pay cash as well. I use my credit card as sparingly as possible.

Now, the only question is what will i do that weekend? I get into town about 2 pm on Friday, that's about the time i'm leaving Vegas.
    Well, i'm prepared, i bought a new 5" HD cellphone, so let the craziness begin.

10. buffalo

buffalo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about a live trip report?

11. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is possible to get 7 nts working with a host---you may want to call the property and ask for a host to see what they can do

12. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure, i'll use Starbucks and my phone to update. I usually go solo and don't drink, so being sober affords me the opportunity to observe the crazy people, it allows me to see things that are unique to Vegas, and, i will win a huge jackpot just for you guys. I usually prefer NOT to win money because that's what Vegas has done for me for 30 years.......but i'll make this one exception.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.