1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ready to start over with new property

Discussion in 'Comps' started by zeromilepost, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeromilepost

zeromilepost Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone -
    Long time lurker, first time poster.

Going to Vegas in 3 weeks after a 2 year hiatus (first baby). Staying at the Cosmo on their 3 nights wraparound suite, $300 dining credit and $1250 promo chip offer. On March Madness weekend!

Anyways, I'm always looking for a backup place to play. My usually place was PH but I've always hated their rooms, the hosts have sucked and I never gotten anything but a free room. Now that I've been off the grid for 2 years, they have knocked me back down to Gold and I'm ready to start somewhere else.

Any suggestions on MLife, Wynncore or Sands?

About me. I'm primarily a Blackjack player, mostly DD. My average hand is between $200-$300 and i normally play 4 hours day. I will usually open a line of credit for $10K.

While FRB is preferred, my minimum expectation is weekend room full comped. Doesnt have to be a suite but something decent. Food comps would be great.
    While i dont expect everything to be comped, I would like some VIP service. No waiting in lines, dinner reservations, airport pick up and drop off.

I'm like to think I'm being reasonable but please let me know if I'm dreaming based on my play.

Along with starting over, any recommendations on a host at your recommended place?

2. egelston2

egelston2 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mlife seems like a good option. I have no issue getting comped rooms at MB and some food and beverage comps and I play at a lower range than you do. I know that at Aria and Bellagio it would be tougher to get some of the comps you are looking for. Plus, the rules for DDB are above average at most Mlife hotels.

3. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am curious. If you have not been there for 2 years and they are still giving you an offer like what you are saying, why would you want to go somewhere else?

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At least get your last offer out of Cosmo. Give them a little play. Maybe one night.

But do your play elsewhere. Assume after past trips you have some ideas of what works for you. Lots of places close to Cosmo like Aria, Bellagio NYNY, MGM

5. zeromilepost

zeromilepost Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry for the confusion.

I do plan on playing at Cosmo and if the deals keep flowing like this, they will always be my primary place.

But I always like to put a few hours at another place just to start building a profile. It always nice to have a couple of places compete for your business. It always nice to have a change in scenery just in case the cards are running bad.

A while back, on this board, I read that MLife was much better at comps on table games versus CET.

6. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I'd suggest MLife. The play you describe is exactly the same as mine except for some VP I have on top. Plus I also took a hiatus for a few years while living overseas.

My comps are exactly what you describe as wanting plus some occasional extras like show tickets, offers for events others probably don't want like this upcoming Canelo fight or the Miley Cyrus concert.

A host can set up VIP services for you like limo pickup and check-in, and keep in mind MLife is a tier program now so as you move up in tier you will earn some minor priority benefits automatically (e.g. line pass for taxis, buffets, check-in). I have a host at Aria that's been good to me and to others here whose name I can pass along.

Wynn was great to me back in the day but I think I lucked out with a good host who isn't there any longer. Now I don't really get anything from them, though in fairness I've barely played there since coming back.

Fuck Sands and fuck Adelson and his ugly face.

7. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would go next door to Aria.

I'm a black chip player like you and I receive FRB most of the time.

I avg $260-280 avg / 4 hrs.

:thumbsup:

8. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, Aria or Bellagio would be good for your profile--play sounds a little low for full RFB (particularly the first trip) but you should get room, limo, and some food. Show them some action on this trip. I would suggest playing at only one of the properties and concentrating the play on one day. Walk into the host office after and ask what they can do for you on a future trip. If you have played over $200/hand for over 4 hours they SHOULD be willing to write you a meal comp for the current trip when you are staying elsewhere. If you show a big loss they will do it, if you show a win you'll have some negotiation in front of you. How the host handles this will give you a feel for whether you would want to work with that person going forward.

9. mgill1974

mgill1974 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello and Hi :beer:

can I just ask how you got this offer and how to get me in on this? lol :thumbsup:

10. Voller

Voller Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow... I too want in on this. I have a a pretty extensive history with Cosmo with an avg of 350/6hrs a day. The best my host says she can do on promo chips is 750. You think being off the grid for 2 years factors in?

11. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have basically the same offer as you. I have $200 f&b, $750 promo.and in a one bedroom terrace suite thru my host ( my friend referred me to her and she is great) but was an offer. She booked it but said if anything better comes along, she can change it.

12. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This persons offer sounds about right compared to what we received. I have a one br terrace with 200 f&b and 750 promo. A wrap around terrace suite with the promo and f&b sounds correct based on the offer we have.

I am sure this person has a better play level/history than you or I do.

13. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Broncofn. What do u play

14. Voller

Voller Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bronco- in his original post he said he was a 2-300/4hr a day BJ player. Now I can see there not being a difference in level of comps between a 350/6hrs a day player and the original poster but it seems like I'm getting the short end on promo chips.

15. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play bj and baccarat

16. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I re-read his post and you are correct. But maybe this person was rated higher because of a hot streak/heater or higher play thru multiple trips. I also usually play around this level (200-400 avg starting) but it is always more and basically received the same offer as you.

When I say my avg, i mean by what my min bet I usually start playing at. I am thinking this person already has a history with cosmo at a higher level and received this offer even though they have been away for 2 years

17. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a small slot player at cosmo. I had 2400 theo over 3 days. I throw in some craps and Let it ride and Ultimate Texas holdem. I get 5 days and 200 free play and 100 food.

18. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish I had ur guys bankroll

19. zeromilepost

zeromilepost Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no clue how i got this offer.

Of course my play has varied but on average i'm between $200-$300 a hand. I bet a little bit more when the boss is watching. I'm always worried about how much time i log in because i jsut to be a marathon green chip player and I've decided to just bet higher with less time.

This was hard cover mailer. Had the Bond lounge on the front and Bruno Mars on the inside. This was by far the best on paper offer I've gotten.

20. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am on the same boat zero.

I always played at Mlife (usually Aria). I think I'm going to make a change to Cosmo as a second choice.

From the offers you and others received, I will try Cosmo next weekend since I play in relatively the same avg bet, just in baccarat. I'll stop into Cosmo and play for a bit. I was suppose to do it my last 2 trips, but never made it there.

If I were you looking for a second base, try Bellagio or Aria. You will most likely get better offers with your play at MGM or MB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.