1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rock of Ages

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Shjf, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shjf

Shjf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering if anyone had experience with Tix4Tonight regarding Rock of Ages compared to online offers for reduced rates?

I'm currently looking at smartervegas for one offer which seems really good, but I'm curious to know how much Tix4Tonight might charge for the same tickets.

Should I just purchase online, or wait til were there and go to Tix4Tonight?

Smartervegas Offer: Every ticket except the first 3 rows are all either $88 or $113.

Tix4Tonight: Don't know until I get there.

2. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not totally on subject, but can I recommend Rock Vault at the LVH instead:peace:

3. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went last September and it was cheaper online. We got section 5 front row and paid 70 bucks a ticket including the cost to mail us the tickets. I also agree with Tahoejoe that the Rock Vault at LVH is a better show. My wife was disappointed in Rock of Ages thinking it was going to be more like the Rock Vault that we saw last May.

Mark

4. bignig135

bignig135 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Raiding the Rock Vault is vastly superior IMO, a lot cheaper too. Rock of Ages was a huge disappointment and vastly over-hyped. One of the problems is the cheesy " story" but above all is that the band often start off great songs but play less than half the tune and then back to the embarrassing script. Rock Vault will stay in the memory for all the right reasons!

5. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One show is a broadway style production, one is a classic rock concert. Wy do people insist on comparing the two??

6. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because as you see on this site, most people feel if you like rock, Rock Vault is the better show. Why not inform people?
    :confused2:

7. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No one said "hey I love rock music, what should I see?"

They're looking for ticket help, which I can't provide as I bought tickets online to BOTH shows (loved them both) just irritating to see people tell others how to spend their money. Rock of Ages has won Tony's, been performed in dozens of states (And countries!) and is critically acclaimed. Yes it has a story. It IS a story. It was even made in to one of the worst movies ever!!

Sorry I couldn't be more help OP

8. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While I don't really like Rock of Ages (saw it on tour, not in Vegas), I will defend the book. The story is MEANT to be cheesy and they often "break the fourth wall" and directly tell the audience that they KNOW it's cheesy. Everything is exaggerated and everything is mocked. And since it's a musical, the point isn't to cover full songs for your listening enjoyment, the point is to tell the cheesy story using as much 80's rock music as possible.

9. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Rock of Ages but saw the touring show, not the Vegas version (we went for out 10th anniversary) Haven't seen the Rock Vault yet, but yeah, they're totally different shows. And since I love Broadway musicals, I know my first choice:peace: Please let's keep the discussions polite - we do all have different taste in entertainment and that's a good thing:nworthy:

My general ticket recommendation is if there is a show you KNOW you want to see, buy in advance (at the best price you can find). If you just want "a show" at the last minute and aren't picky (or are SUPER frugal and want to wait to see if you can get a good deal on a show that you can't find discounted online) then go to Tix4Tonite once you're in town.

I've seen some side by side comparisons and these days, Tix4Tonite doesn't have much of a margin on deals - there are lots of good deals online now.

10. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rock of ages is a kick ass show i loved it( the songs, humor ,hot chicks) its not as good as the movie but still

Raiding the rock vault is just a tribute band playing songs

Music wise i much prefer 80's hairband to the raiding the rock vault bands( who, doors, led zep, deep purple, eagles, stones hendrix...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.