1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bus Back from Pinball Hall of Fame ?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by zolar31, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zolar31

zolar31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking at google maps. Should I walk east to the stop by the 7-11 next to Spencer. Or should I walk towards the strip to the stop at Tamarus.

but my main question, Is this a safe area to be waiting for the 201 bus during the day ?

Thanks in advance

2. matguy

matguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Safe wise, it's fine. It's your general stores, small strip malls, corporate buildings, and apartments type area. While there's a couple large empty lots near by, it's fine. It's certainly better than some of the areas on Koval or LVB North of the Stratosphere . I mean, I wouldn't let my kid run around, but that's mostly because of the cars, not unsavory people.

3. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The stop by the 7-11 is a shorter walk from the Hall of Fame. The stop by the 7-11 is the one I've used both times I bussed it to/from the PHoF.

4. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Felt super safe when i was there (daytime)

I walk to the stop toward the strip it was pretty close by a couple of minutes at the most

5. teachani

teachani Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The area is definitely safe! We took a cab there last July during the heat wave. However, we got there an hour before opening. So we "hung out" on the street, at the 7-11, in the shade, wandering around so we didn't look too suspicious, lol! I felt completely safe at all times.

We will take the bus next time, now that we know the area. The cab ride was only $10 with the tip, but I do enjoy the people watching and sight seeing that happens while travelling via bus.

Have fun, it is definitely worth the trip to see and play there. Over Christmas we went to the Riviera to see some of the pinball machines the Hall of Fame has stored there to play. They are not kept up the same way, and there were only about 30 machines.

6. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The drawback or advantage (depending on how you spend your vacation time) is that many of the machines at the Riv are not available at the HOF. I think there's duplication of a couple of the newer Stern machines, such as The Rolling Stones, but if you are looking for a particular game, you might have to seek it out at the Riv. I didn't know they had moved a bunch of the machines into the Riv a few years ago, so when I showed up at the HOF to play one of my all-time favorite machines, it was nowhere to be found. Devastated, I asked about it, and learned that it was among those in the Riv collection. Bad news for me, as I tend not to spend time on the strip, especially at the Riv.

This will be a non-issue for 99.9 percent of you. For the majority, the Riv offers a small sample of what you can find off-strip, yet offers games old and knew, and a variety of classic video games. Several of the machines at the Riv are sports themed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.