1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question(s) for anyone who's been to Bally's recently?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by sceej, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sceej

sceej Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bally's has become home bas over past few years (last there in October 13) but have some concerns and was hoping some recent attendees might be able to address:

1) I saw BLT was to replace Bally's Steakhouse at some point in early 14 - is either BLT or the old Bally's Steakhouse currently operating or is it in transition with no steakhouse on site?

2) Is Indigo Lounge open? They were closed last visit and if so, how are the bands?

3) How hard/easy is it go get in an out to Strip with the construction? It was no part last time and I am wondering if its gotten better or worse?

Thanks

2. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Gimme a few days, I can let you know

3. HotDamn

HotDamn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just stayed there. I think the steakhouse is gone for now.

Indigo was open as we had some drinks in there, but I don't remember seeing a band. I believe the sign said live entertainment Friday and Saturday nights.

4. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The whole Strip frontage is now dirt right up to the sidewalk. You can get in around it, and the inside of Bally's is fine, but it's a very unattractive sight from The Strip side right now.

Bill

5. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are a few ways to leave Bally's - the overhead bridge to the strip is closed.

- You can exit on Flamingo and walk right up flamingo to the strip

- You can exit by the valet, but then you have to walk towards flamingo

- If you are heading south, just go into Paris and exit from there.

6. z4rich

z4rich Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bally's Steak Dinner

If you are looking for a steak dinner near Bally's, go next door to Paris. The head chef there is a Gordon Ramsey Hell's Kitchen winner. Also, for a great meal that never disappoints, take the shuttle from Bally's to Rio and eat at the Voodoo steakhouse. After dinner, you can go up one floor to the Voodoo lounge nightclub/bar on the observation deck overlooking the Strip.

Cheers. :beer:

7. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hadn't considered all the construction when I reserved Bally's; I just switched my reservation to Palms. I'll give the new Jubilee rooms a try sometime when the construction is complete.

8. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found this pretty uncomfortable in December. The sidewalk along that side of Flamingo is not that wide. You are pretty close to careening traffic, including buses. There's a bus stop, often with many people waiting, you have to get through. When you get closer to the strip, the costumed character people were hiding behind the overpass columns and surprising pedestrians.

I'm a Bally's fan--although the Grand Bazaar looks terrible--and look forward to returning when the construction is done.

9. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being nit-picky and neither here nor there but Gordon Ramsay is the host of Hell's Kitchen, not a past winner. As for his cooking and restaurants, to many it is hit or miss either people absolutely swear by his cooking or they are really turned off by it, haven't heard much in the middle.

I'd recommend Prime across the street at Bellagio before Ramsay Steak, just my opinion.

10. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

11. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

12. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or Mesa at CP. Ate at GR and the food was good but very pricey and didn't care for the vibe or the server or a few other things that I won't go back. I'd say it was more like the opposite of how your treated and feel at Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab which is always first class and at ease imo of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.