1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

KA' or Zarkana??

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Jake&Avery, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake&Avery

Jake&Avery Planning my next vacation!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, I have enough MyVegas points to get 2 free tickets to either KA' or Zarkana (the 208k point value tickets)..

Which is a better show?

2. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO I would go see Zarkana, I was not impressed with KA. I found Zarkana to be much more entertaining.

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree, Zarkana

4. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    another vote for zarkana

5. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw Ka before they changed the final scene and enjoyed it more than Zarkana.

6. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two members of my party fell asleep during Zarkana so it's hard for me to recommend it. However it was the first year they opened it so perhaps it's been improved.

My family has seen Ka twice and loved it both times, however we have not seen it since the changes to the last scene due to last year's fatal show accident.

7. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I saw both 2 weeks ago, compliments of MyVegas. My wife said she liked Zarkana better, I liked them both equally.

We also did the buffets at the respective hotels. Both were good, we preferred Aria's.

The KA tickets were 3rd row center, the Zarkana seats (I think they made a mistake because they were premium) were nose bleed seats, but they moved everyone in the section (all myvegas) up to the 5th Row.

Hope that helped!

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
  8. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My KA tickets were very close to the stage in the center. I fell asleep twice.

I'll watch Zarkana before I watch KA again.

9. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen them both twice now, just saw both this last weekend for the 2nd time. I would recommend Zarkana. They've both made some changes since last summer. Zarkana made changes for the better. Ka had a woman fall to her death in the last scene and they've since changed it to a video scene. They should just eliminate that part of the show or completely change it. A video of people seems pretty cheezy at a Cirque show. And it's not just that scene, Zarkana as a whole is more entertaining.

10. disasta

disasta Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen Zarkana twice and Ka once. My wife and I enjoyed Zarkana quite a bit but were disappointed at Ka(seen in September 13 so a few months after the performers death). We found it hard to keep up with and felt that everyone went from fighting to being happy and it ended. We are giving it a second chance when we go in May as we heard they have brought back the final battle scene but it is CGI animation so hopefully that will help make things feel better. My current recommendation would be Zarkana though.

11. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the exact same thing when I saw the show last December. It would have been more entertaining if they brought some three year olds out and had them do those shitty little kid "somersaults," where they get their feet in the air and then fall sideways. I would have rather watched that.

12. Erikg9

Erikg9 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will I be able to see Zarkana good in section 105?

13. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally agree. After seeing "Zarkana" a few weeks ago, I didn't see what the "hate" was about. But I didn't realize we were watching a revamped show until my g/f pointed it out to me tonight.

I am willing to see "Zarkana" again. "Ka" not as much.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  14. eltotaupin

eltotaupin Low-Roller

OK, so now I'm concerned and a bit confused. By watching the trailers for both shows it seems ka has more of a "wow" element but most everyone is saying zarkana. What am I missing?

15. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ka seems to have more a large production feel to it, Zarkana has more acrobatics and circus type acts in it. It's much more active and involved. At the end the entire staff comes out and it's amazing how many people there are in the performance.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.