1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What does Ceasers Buffet have that other CET Buffets dont?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by user3657, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How are their meats and deserts? Im trying to decide if they are worth the extra money vs other CET buffets.

2. LV_Bound

LV_Bound Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought they had the best desserts out of the CET buffets. Not sure if it really justifies the extra cost.

3. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

I thought the asian stuff was way better. Even had nice sliced fresh blue fin and lots of various rolled sushi and other stuff

4. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It tasted like real food! :evillaugh

I'm kidding PHo's Spice Market isn't bad and neither is Carnival World at Rio but the other CET buffets I won't visit again after checking them out with Buffet of Buffet pass. But Bacchanal at Caesars is exponentially better and worth the extra money in my opinion.

5. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Yes, the Asian dishes were best I've had at a buffet. The pho was great.

We ate there on Thanksgiving which was a bit of a mistake, not because of the buffet but I filled up mostly on the standard Thanksgiving type dishes which were just ok. But there other normal offerings were great. I rarely eat dessert but my girlfriend loved the selection and it was huge and looked beautiful. There was a petite Asian girl sitting next to us who just ate desserts the entire time, she must have had a little bit of every single one and seemed to be enjoying them.

The only other CET buffets I've ever tried were PH and Paris. We didn't pay for any of these 3 but I'd say Bacchanal is definitely worth the extra $20. Which isn't to say that PH and Paris were bad, they are good too but fairly ordinary. I see a lot of complaints about the price for Bacchanal but in my opinion the $50 or so for that is probably a much better value than the $20 charged at the cheapest dinner buffets.

6. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The other posters covered the deserts. They have the Cowboy or tomahawk rib steak, that they slice pieces for you. They have char-broiled lamb chops, Prime rib of cause. They also have Peking Duck which they manage to keep fairly crispy on a steam table. The Italian Salumeria is excellent also. Their seafood selection is very good also. I plan on going this March trip.:licklips:

7. Dweller

Dweller Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They serve very good lamb chops that were as good as I have had at the top steakhouses. I also like the salad bar and juice bar. Do not go at a busy time if you don't have a Seven Stars or Diamond card otherwise you will wait in line. However I believe you can purchase a line pass.

8. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    THIS! I definitely agree with this. The dessert selection is one of the best.

9. kiwiboy1

kiwiboy1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caesars buffet is so much better than any other CET buffet it's not close. I am not saying it's worth the price (really high!). But it's the largest, nicest setting, best quality.

If you get 1 comped buffet in Vegas with line pass and you could choose, it's Caesars.

Ignoring value it's probably in 90% of peoples top 5 buffets in Vegas.

10. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right - trying to compare bacchanal to other buffets is difficult to do. It's not just the food that is different, it is the whole setting & experience that is completely different.

Yes the food and food offerings are different. A few examples:
    - Sliced high end cold cuts like prosciutto, salami, cheeses etc
    - Gourmet sliders & hot dogs
    - In additional to typical prime rib, ham, etc, they also have smoked ribs, sausage, etc.
    - Carafes of fresh juice like pina colada, horshada, etc
    - Multiple stations to have custom items prepared (italian, asian)
    - Large sushi selection

And of course the desserts are a step up as well.

By the way, unless you are diamond or platinum plan on a nice long wait.

11. jgxtrav1

jgxtrav1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think almost everyone who has tried the many CET buffets in Las Vegas would say Caesar's Bacchanal is much, much better (in all respects).

However, whether or not it's worth the extra $$ is very subjective.

For my wife and I, yes! We have paid for the upgrade three times (once for breakfast and twice for dinner) during our last three trips when using the Buffet of Buffets 24 hour pass. We were using our points to comp both the 24 hour pass and the upgrades but, even, if we were paying cash we would have still done the same.

My advice, give it a try and add your own opinion/s here!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.