1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The D Kerug machines still there

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Dewey090, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called, having read that the coffee machines were pulled and the clerk said they are still there, are still in all the rooms, and the price is still $2.50 per cup. I read something recently to the contrary in a post.

Bringing you own cups is cheaper. Usually they run around 50 cents at Walmarts, etc.

Bringing these filter below allows you to use whatever coffee you want.

http://www.amazon.com/Melitta-E-Filter-Reusable-K-Cups-Brewers/dp/B009UQGLGW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1393192619&sr=8-2&keywords=melitta+k+cups
    And I found that tea steeped well too if the machine was run one time with nothing to wash out any coffee taste. Just a tea bad in the filter and it will make a nice cup of tea. You get four filters and so I use a separate one for tea.

There is another reusable called Java Jig, but my friend who has keurig at home did not like this style.
    I used the one I listed in November at the D.

2. sassykat

sassykat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Dewey! I was thinking of staying at the D until I read there were no more Keurigs. Well, now I'm re-thinking this.

3. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course, it never hurts for others to call and ask the same question. It seems odd that they were reported gone, but perhaps there was one taken from one room and the author thought it was all of them, or perhaps it was a short termed decision.

The Four Queens has a great coffee pot that brews more than one cup at a time and is very generous with coffee. Since I book the D and the Four Queens back to back, I often have Four Queens coffee left for the D.
    However, I really liked it one year when I took Godiva's chocolate truffle coffee with me. I carry a little traveling pot if I have room in the suitcase, but these keurig machines are better.
    I wake up early in the morning and write up the day before. So I like having coffee or tea without getting dressed.

4. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that is where I read this as well. Well, today at least they are here. We'll see as time goes by. Chatter generally knows the scoop. They also predict resort fees soon at MSS and California based on language in website. None of these trends are good for frugal folks.

6. Texas Gramma

Texas Gramma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's Official - Keurig Out

It's official now... Keurig is on the way out at The D and also at Golden Gate... see article this a.m. in vegas chatter... downtown version...
    http://www.vegaschatter.com/tag/Downtown

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.